Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your lo dress themself?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

I do. I thought about this because I just spun my head around to see my 3 yo come from her bedroom. Shes wearing brown leggings with little blue flowers on them, and an orange long dora shirt with little leaves on it, covered by a pink sweater dress. She looks fabulous...... to her... LOL!

by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Latriciat23
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I tried to but it became a huge argument. My son is obsessed with Disney's cars and has 3 Lighting McQueen shirts that he wants to wear with cars shoes and basketball shorts I let him wear what he wants to on the weekends as long as it is weather appropriate.

LilMissCupcake
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 3:48 PM

my 4 year old will play dress up after she gets home from school my 3 year old could care less what he wears

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Yep, once they can. My daughter comes up with some pretty weird outfits. It is easier with my son since he basically has jeans and shorts and shirts.For a while though he had this sweater vest that he liked to wear and would wear it over shirts.

mommy2karsyn
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM

What do you think?  LMAO...

AprilDJC
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM

My daughter loves to dress herself but I swear sometimes the outfits she comes up with, I won't let her leave the house in. But around the house, yes its ok. Most of the time she does well, she just wears jeans with shirts or a skirt with a shirt. But this weekend she comes out of her room wearing sky blue cotton shorts from Childrens Place topped with a dark purple velvet shirt (very dressy) and wanted to wear it all day. Thank goodness we didn't have to go anywhere! She felt beautiful in her blue cotton shorts and purple velvet long sleeve shirt though!

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thats so funny! At this age, 16 months, he cant dress himself. He can UNdress himself though!

mylovesareCCC
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM

So cute!

I let my dd (2.5) HELP pick out her clothes... and she puts them on by herself. She does well at picking out her clothes... she is pretty anal about things matching so that helps.

My son is 15 months and he doesn't do anything by himself yet LOL

kraziandkoul
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM

We pick out our kids' outfits for the day...they can ask if they want to wear something specific. I remember I didn't get to choose my own clothes until I was 10, so I guess I have never thought about letting my kids choose their own yet.

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM

yes i do. She actually matches her clothes pretty well now! she's almost 4!

kcook55
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM

my daughter will be 3 next friday and refuses to dress herself she gets so mad cuz she cant get her panties on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)