Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you knew then..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 17 Replies

If you knew 10 years ago how bad the economy was going to be now, would you have made steps to make now easier for you?

I definitely would have.  I wouldn't have wasted money on the countless trips I made to Denny's on a weekly basis.  I would have stayed the hell away from ebay, too.

Knowledge NinjaKnowledge Ninja

by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM

i know we would have!

Latriciat23
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM

10 Years ago I was 15 but I would have taken the same road and went to school because now I have a great job in Marketing but since I know how bad things can be I am saving and being careful about everything we buy.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Yes I would have.I would have saved and bought things back then at cheaper prices.

SAHMomOf3
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM

AH, I couldn't have possibly prepared for that, because 10 years ago, I would have been 14 and jobless & carefree. LOL I would have been a little smarter with my money when I first started making it, but I think I've done okay for ourselves
My husband has a great job... so although we would really like to buy a house, and can't because we don't have the greatest credit (the house we want would require a $15,000 downpayment on the loan. We obviously don't have that) he still has an awesome job. So, we felt the effects for about six months when his hours were reduced to 48 hours/week... Right now their company is booming, so he's working about 65+ hours a week, and he's getting a $2.41 raise in January because of the training he did earlier this year. We're saving the extra money he's making to be able to put down a nice downpayment on a house within the next two years!

mylovesareCCC
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I0 yeas ago? Nah, I was only 12. LOL... 5 years ago, most definitely. I used to make a ton of money waitressing on the weekends in high school. I would have saved it all... instead I spent it and saved a bit for college.

starlight1968
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I'd have done a few things differently

Kainalu55
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM

yes! i wouldn't have bought my car, i would have SAVED a lot more!

TwinMomma122304
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM

yup.  I would have avoided all the store cards and credit cards and learned much earlier how to live on cash, not credit!  And I would have starting saving money from EVERY paycheck so we would always have a cushion...

koolkidsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I would have put my house up for sale when the prices were   high.  Now I don'[t know long long it will be before I cansell and have enough left over to buy again. Sighhhhh.  If only we could read tomorrow's newsaper today.

bubbles2881
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM
I def wouLd of prepared my self
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN