What do you do

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

to save money? With the economy the way it is and the holidays fast approaching we can all use some extra money. What is your best money saving tip(s)?

I am a coupon cutter, I also load coupons on to my Kroger card, and I take advantage of the companies that text coupons to you. I also read the weekly circulars and use the price matching promises at stores.

DH was really impressed on week we went grocery shopping and with coupons and price matching we saved $65.00

by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Shawna on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I budget and set up cash envelopes for everything.  If there's no cash in the envelope then I can't go shopping/spending.  Coupons are a big one too.

styler7
by Stacey on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I'm addicted to coupons, sales, etc. I get excited when I save money!

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM

i use coupons if i have them. And for food, i'll only buy items on sale. We also have WIC, so that helps with our food budget. Other than that, we just don't spend money, because at this point we really don't have it to spend.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Quoting styler7:

Me too!! I got so excited when Kroger started putting on your receipt hpw much you have saved year to date. DH laughs at me because I get so excited when I am saving money but then he greatly enjoys that extra money.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Quoting slw123:

I budget and set up cash envelopes for everything.  If there's no cash in the envelope then I can't go shopping/spending.  Coupons are a big one too.

That is a really good tip. I think I might have to steal it.

styler7
by Stacey on Nov. 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Quoting alliesmom112:

Quoting styler7:

Me too!! I got so excited when Kroger started putting on your receipt hpw much you have saved year to date. DH laughs at me because I get so excited when I am saving money but then he greatly enjoys that extra money.

they do year to date?? That is awesome!!

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Nov. 9, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Quoting styler7:

Quoting alliesmom112:

Quoting styler7:

they do year to date?? That is awesome!!

I know as of Saturday I have said $1267.00 just by using my kroger card. =-)

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

We don't have cable

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Nov. 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Quoting iHEAVENn:

We don't have cable

We did that for a LONG time. In fact we didn't have start paying for TV until this past march. We only started bc we got a better deal with our phone and internet if we added tv.

Jess1231
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM
We have huge windows so no lights are used during the day and everything we have is energy smart! Since living here our highest electric bill has been $97 and that was during the summer! We have electric and gas! We also clip coupons you can use store and manufacturer and save more money!! I only use cold water when rinsing dishes or washing hands so it doesn't cut into our gas bill! We own our car so we don't have car payments and our insurance can be cheaper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: