Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's only 9 am....

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  • 22 Replies

and I'm going nuts!! The boy I watch on Wed and Fridays has absolutely NO volume control. He is always yelling, but thinks he is talking quiet. I tell him every 2 min to stop yelling, quiet down and he is right back doing it! He also is constantly sniffling his nose. I tell him to get a tissue, but he doesn't listen. Just goes right back to sniffling. I hate that sound!

My littlest is crabby as sin. He's been back and forth crying all morning long. Could be partially due to that fact that he has woken up at 3:30 for the past 3 days and WILL NOT TAKE A NAP!!!!

The boys stripped EVERY toy out of the toy box. So it's an absolute mess in here. I hate huge messes. I get anxious and overwhelmed.

My dog will not stop whining! He wants to play with the boys so bad, but he will just chew up their toys. So he is gated in the laundry room whining away.

I just want to crawl back into bed! How is your morning going so far?

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:05 AM

have u mentioned the yelling to his mom? my cousin hadd the same problem and it turned out he needed tubes in his ears since they werent draining right or something like that so he never noticed he was yelling. We are having a normal day of so MOOOOOOMMMMY so and so did this lol

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I know those days too well. The little girl I watch during the week is very bossy and my DD is not one who likes to be bossed around. So it usually turns into a yelling match.

I will be sending you postitive thoughts today Mama. =)

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I have actually. She just kind of ignored it. To tell you the truth, I don't know that she actually takes care of him to much. I think her mom, his Nana, does most of the care. She is always out with her boyfriend (who doesn't like kids) or doing various other things.

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

have u mentioned the yelling to his mom? my cousin hadd the same problem and it turned out he needed tubes in his ears since they werent draining right or something like that so he never noticed he was yelling. We are having a normal day of so MOOOOOOMMMMY so and so did this lol

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Oh I know that feeling! My SS is very bossy as well. So when he comes home every weekend the older boys are constantly fighting. Thanks for the positive thoughts!!

Quoting alliesmom112:

I know those days too well. The little girl I watch during the week is very bossy and my DD is not one who likes to be bossed around. So it usually turns into a yelling match.

I will be sending you postitive thoughts today Mama. =)

KBarbie
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Aw I feel ya, I just stopped watching a lil boy. And he was a bit older than my dd, so when he did something wrong and was scolded he knew and usually would stop, but my dd is 2.5, so she would copy him and getting her to stop was horrible! I flt so stressed sometimes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Sarahb21:

I have actually. She just kind of ignored it. To tell you the truth, I don't know that she actually takes care of him to much. I think her mom, his Nana, does most of the care. She is always out with her boyfriend (who doesn't like kids) or doing various other things.

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

poor kid...i pray it isnt that since i do believe if its untreated it can make the kid deaf! do you have  way of contacting his nana? I so dislike parents that ignore things like this.

amy7243
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Hope your day gets better!!!

_Tam_
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Maybe you can report her to CPS?  I don't know if you would have enough stuff to tell them though.  Where's the dad?

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I don't think there would be anything CPS worthy to report. He's well taken care of. Always clean, smart, happy. I just think her mom does most of the work. But she also works full time, goes to school, and on occasion volunteers at a Womans shelter. The dad gets him every other weekend from what I gather.

Quoting _Tam_:

Maybe you can report her to CPS?  I don't know if you would have enough stuff to tell them though.  Where's the dad?

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I don't know if it's an ear problem. If he is coloring or watching TV or something not exciting he keeps his voice normal. It's just if they are playing. He gets super excited and gets louder and louder and louder! He also likes to talk over everyone, so to do that he has to yell. It drives me crazy!

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

Quoting Sarahb21:

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

poor kid...i pray it isnt that since i do believe if its untreated it can make the kid deaf! do you have  way of contacting his nana? I so dislike parents that ignore things like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)