Group Home

and I'm going nuts!! The boy I watch on Wed and Fridays has absolutely NO volume control. He is always yelling, but thinks he is talking quiet. I tell him every 2 min to stop yelling, quiet down and he is right back doing it! He also is constantly sniffling his nose. I tell him to get a tissue, but he doesn't listen. Just goes right back to sniffling. I hate that sound!

My littlest is crabby as sin. He's been back and forth crying all morning long. Could be partially due to that fact that he has woken up at 3:30 for the past 3 days and WILL NOT TAKE A NAP!!!!

The boys stripped EVERY toy out of the toy box. So it's an absolute mess in here. I hate huge messes. I get anxious and overwhelmed.

My dog will not stop whining! He wants to play with the boys so bad, but he will just chew up their toys. So he is gated in the laundry room whining away.

I just want to crawl back into bed! How is your morning going so far?

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Replies (21-22):
Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for the advice!! :) I will definitely try it out.

Quoting Thelmama:

My 4 year old has volume issues when she is playing...we are working on it now.  Maybe no one has ever worked with him on it.  I remind her inside voice etc.  It takes a while...she is getting better.  I do not know how such a loud volume can come out of such a little body...LOL.  And she has this sweet little munckin voice too....it can just get really LOUD!.  Just keep working with him...and rewarding him with words when he does.....like thanks for lowering your voice.  Or when you see him with a lower voice mention off hand like.......I like the way you are using and inside voice etc.  Catch him being good so to speak.  He probably just hasn't been taught from the sounds of it.  Ask him what they do at school if they talk to loud etc.  Maybe he gets reminders at school.  last year my kids had level 0, 1 ,2, or 3 in their school.  level 0 is no talking, level 1 is whisper, level 2 is normal tone and level 3 is for outside.  Some kids at the school it really helped to define it.  My kids already did pretty good with it.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Nov. 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM

The twins are running around crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci