Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has any of you? ( OT )

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies

Done accupuncture? I woke up friday with bells palsey. This is the 2nd time i have had it and was reading online that accupuncture could help heal it. Was wanting some opinions from anyone who has had it done for any reason. Did it help?

Kari Beth Roberts

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dixiecharmer
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I have had Bells Palsy once.  I did not try acupuncture, it was so long a go it was not an option, but used warm wash clothes,  and massage.  It went away.  Sorry I can not be of more help

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Ive never done it but have friends who have and they swear it works.

erinjo21
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I have never done it either

momkaribg
by Kari on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Ok Thanks

mommyof3-2008
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM

IDK but good luck! Heres a bump

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM

My SO used to do accupuncture. He LOVED it! He has several different things. Carpal tunnel in both wrists, torn rotator cuff in his shoulder, torn skeletal muscles in his neck and back, and PTSD. The first time he ever went he said the second that last needle was placed in he was instantly pain free. He slept the best he has ever slept for that hr. All his pain was lessened for at least a few weeks.

He stopped going to that particular lady because his Dr. at the VA hospital was offering it. So he decided to go with him since he was free. His was ok. It was more of a long term thing, instead of an instant thing. He got better the more he went.

I've been trying to convince him to go back to the first lady. But he's been lazy about it.

hfaddis
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM

sorry i dont have an answer but here's a bump!

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Nov. 10, 2010 at 2:26 PM

nope,but heres a bump:)

Samanthamommy
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I don't know what Bells Palsy is, but I've done accupuncture due to back pain bc of a car accident. It's rather relaxing.

JHanc968
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I would see your doctor, it may be an underlying condition causing it like an infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)