Group Home

What are your thoughts? ( Teen Mom Amber)

Posted by   + Show Post

Teen Mom Served!

Filed under: Reality Television > MTV > Legal Matters

amber-portwood-subpoena.jpg

And so it begins!

As we've mentioned before, police are investigating Teen Mom star Amber Portwood for allegedly beating on her ex-fiance and baby daddy Gary Shirley.

And by allegedly, we're talking about the now infamous confrontation caught on tape and shown on air for everyone to see and that sparked the investigation to begin with.

The cops are demanding to see what else might have happened during the fight, slapping MTV with a subpoena to surrender any and all video from that day of filming.

In the filing, given to MTV producers on Monday, police ask for “any and all records reference raw television or video media footage regarding the MTV production(s) of Teen Mom which depict all or potentially all physically violent encounters between Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley, in addition to any raw footage of the Reunion Shows in Portwood and Shirley discuss any such violent encounters on the show Teen Mom, either 'aired' or 'unaired'”.

A spokesman for the department reports that MTV is being "very cooperative" with officials and will have 30 days to hand over everything they have. However, we hear MTV has already given the tapes over to their attorney to review, so the ball is already rolling.

Things don't look too good for Amber. We actually kind of hope MTV is getting all of this on film. Maybe seeing the prospect of one of these Teen Mom's going to jail will help de-glamorize the series a bit for other teens.

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/#ixzz14thD42zI
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM
Replies (21-29):
maynaysmom
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Are you quoting me????

Quoting Jess1231:

Um do you watch the show it doesn't glamorize teen parenting at all!! Do you see the struggles the all go through? Most all of them the guys left them to take care of the baby and they are always upset and crying about how hard it is!

Quoting maynaysmom:

Quote:

Maybe seeing the prospect of one of these Teen Mom's going to jail will help de-glamorize the series a bit for other teens.

I just don't get this statement.....

Anyway, I think she has some serious issues and deserves to be punished.  Hopefully she will get counselling as well.

Shellness
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I think its sad for all parties involved and am saying a prayer for them all.

SAHMomOf3
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I am glad they are doing something about this. I don't personally watch the show, but I hear all about it. First of all, I was a teen mom. I was one of the ones who worked my butt off, finished high school, had a job... I think that show makes it seem "cool", and it's not. I was a victim of sexual abuse, but I do not believe in abortion.I know they try to get a good mix of teen moms on there, but I really don't feel the need to make something like that into a reality show.

txmamaof3
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM

totally agree!

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I dont feel bad for her OR Gary. They are just toxic to each other and shouldnt be together at all. I just feel bad for their kid.

NavyWifey122305
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:43 PM

YAY !!!! Very Happy !!

Susan0805
by Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:53 PM
I think she needs therapy and possibly medication. When I had postpartum depression all I wanted to do was lay around and there were severe times I would lash out at dh. Not hit but said angry hurtful words until I realized something was wrong and sought professional help. I feel she is still is accountable for her actions but I hope this was the wake up call she needed to get help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I dont feel bad for her OR Gary. They are just toxic to each other and shouldnt be together at all. I just feel bad for their kid.

MomtoMichael2
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 5:03 PM

She has been on meds, they didn't seem to work, or she just is to lazy to take them at the right time. He really just needs to step up and do what he thinks is right for LEAH, not AMBER!! Personally, I think the scenes where she goes off are sad, because the child has to be within ear shot of this, she is going to be the one to pay in the long run.

She needs to be placed in a Mental Hospital until which time they find the right meds and Leah given to Gary's family.

mylovesareCCC
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM
I don't watch Teen Mom... but I agree with the above statement about de-glamorizing teen pregnancy a bit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci