Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas crafts?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 18 Replies

I have a 3 and 1 year old and I love to do holiday crafts with them (well more my 3 year old, but you knowwink mini). We made an advent countdown craft the other day and she wants to do more. Do you have a favorite (easy) holiday craft you do with little ones?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess1231
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM
You could cut a Christmas tree shape and let her paste it on another paper and let her use those little puff balls to paste on the tree as ornaments and maybe ribbon as lights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM

You could make a reindeer with her footprint and her handprints.  It is really cute.  You can also make an angel using that same technique.  I used to work in a daycare with 3 year olds.

bubbles2881
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:14 AM

BUMP!

eustacejessica
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I like to get clear glass ornaments and squeeze different colored acrylic paint in them and let my little one swirl them around! They come out pretty neat looking and would make cute little gifts for family members from your child, and you cld even squeeze in teaching them about giving in the process

lisairv
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Can you explain how to do these? I would love to have my 2 year old grandaughter do this. Thanks :)

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

You could make a reindeer with her footprint and her handprints.  It is really cute.  You can also make an angel using that same technique.  I used to work in a daycare with 3 year olds.

Jess1231
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Trace hands and feet cut out the put the foot toes up then the hands as antlers! Decorate!

Quoting lisairv:

Can you explain how to do these? I would love to have my 2 year old grandaughter do this. Thanks :)

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM

When we did ours we always put our toes down.

Quoting Jess1231:

Trace hands and feet cut out the put the foot toes up then the hands as antlers! Decorate!

Quoting lisairv:

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I am in the process of trying to find the ones my daughter did about 6 years ago.  But you just trace her foot and both hands on brown paper for the reindeer and white paper for the angel.  Then with the toes down glue it onto a piece of paper and for the deer glue the hands towards the top of the heel and for the angel glue the hands towards the middle and then we decorated them with a pipe cleaner halo for the angel and a red pompom for the reindeers nose.  We used googly eyes for them too.  But when I find them I will show you a picture. 

Quoting lisairv:

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Daniele23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Oh I'm loving the reindeer ideas! I've seen variations of them, very cute. Those ornaments sound very cool too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)