Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doing something good AND getting involved!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

We moved here in March of this year and I have not made a single friend.  Yesterday was tough and depressing but I woke up with a new attitude today.

I was reading posts about women here who can't afford Christmas and who are barely making ends meet and thought to myself I am SUCH a crybaby!  We are doing fine and somehow I could be out there making a difference and helping people and probably even make some friends.  :)

However, we live in a town of about 15,000 people between Lousiville, KY and Indianapolis, IN and I've found there aren't many people online like there were when we lived near the big city.  Not to mention there are 3 radio stations (I heard lots of local stuff on the radio before) and our newspaper doesn't help much either.

So anyway to get to the point (lol) I have decided to volunteer at the local hospital doing whatever I can.  Not only will that help me to hear about what is going on in our community it will help me to meet people and make a difference.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder and I can't wait to get started.  

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 12,10 & 6
and 3 girls ages 8, 4 & 2

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erinjo21
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I understand what your saying I have found one person that is close to me here online

charlene_kyle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Good for you!

iam4you2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM

That is an awesome idea. This is so nice of you.

Aqua_Jen
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
That's a great idea! I'm kind of in your shoes too. We moved to NY in march and its a lot different from home and I don't have any close friends locallym
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubbles2881
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)