Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type to get?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

I want to get my kids a sand box for Easter but dont know what to get. I was thinking of just getting a hard kiddie pool for the sand box which is cheaper than the sand box. What do you think?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karischub
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Just be careful that it stays covered. Otherwise, you could end up with kiddos with ringworm from cat or raccoon feces. (Uncovered sandbox=giant litterbox for neighborhood critters.)

newmommyas1107
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Quoting karischub:

Just be careful that it stays covered. Otherwise, you could end up with kiddos with ringworm from cat or raccoon feces. (Uncovered sandbox=giant litterbox for neighborhood critters.)

Thanks!!! I for about this information... Maybe I will just get the sand box that kmart and walmart has with the cover to it. That way I wont forget to cover it.

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM

we have a red turtel one and my kids love it...when we ran outta sand we filled it for a baby pool

MommaSiete
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I think a hard pool is fine, most come with lids!! :)

Aqua_Jen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM

One of those cute turtle ones maybe? They come with a cover and are so cute!

charlene_kyle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM

We have a frog one that the kid's love. I would definitely get one with a lid!

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM

We have the Little Tikes red crab on and dd loves it and it came with the lid. Really soon Toys R Us will start putting them on sale too.

Modestdresses
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I would have done this, But Cats love this

bnnsweet
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM

great idea just make sure no matter what u get that u cover it when not in use and the cover stays on

KristinRox
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I think I would go with the actual sandbox. Just because they have covers that stay on nice and snug. Without the sandbox lid, you just have a huge glorified kitty litter box.. ewwww.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)