Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ATTN Kmart Corporate

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM
  • 30 Replies

I live near Reno Nevada, and we used to have 2 stores here.  One was HUGE and pretty and clean the other one was small dirty and just gross.  The bigger store got closed and the small one remains open.  Its disgusting!!  I went to use my GC (thank you so much) yesterday and was appalled by the store in Sparks.  Everything looked cluttered, and dirty. I didnt wanna touch anything for fear I would get crud on my hands.  I didnt get ANY help in the Electronics dept, there wasnt even a button to ask for help.  I asked one person where watch batteries were, and she told me Electronics.  I had a hard time finding something to buy with my GC. I went to the kitchen stuff and they had the shelves stacked so high with boxes that it made the area dark and uncomfortable for me to be there.  I have been to other Kmarts so I know it dosnt have to be this way.  The one in Elko was nice, I liked going there better then Walmart.  The sparks store was HORRID!!!  I hope someone in corporate reads this.  The Sparks Nevada store needs some SERIOUS help!!!

DISNEY!  
Join us for some fun on the DISNEY! group....      

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweeties38
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:23 PM

i know someone who knows corporate,il be sure to relate the message,

nomadbrat83
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Dirty is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of kmart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fallaya
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM

The two Kmarts near my house are pretty yucky too.  

slw123
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Hopefully someone hears you!

Aqua_Jen
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:38 PM
I've been to amazingly clean kmarts as well as disgusting ones. I'm sorry yours is one of the bad ones. Hopefully your message will get to corporate and someone will pay attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:41 PM

There are some pretty rough ones here in Michigan too. 

Sarahb21
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I agree. The one by our house is the same way. Dirty, unorganized. The workers are rude and rarely help with anything. I hate going there! We go maybe a few times a year.

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Dirty is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of kmart

Ambear72
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I didnt even mention the Cashier and how at first she was really nice but as soon as I handed her the paper with the GC number and Pin she got a nasty attitude and said I think they just need to mail them the GC.  Then proceeded with and attitude.  The one they closed was open and bright and clean and organized.  It was a Super Kmart with food, the store was really nice.  I guess it just cost to much keep it open, and it wasnt in a real convienent location.  The one in sparks isnt either but it is easier to get to then the one they closed.

Ambear72
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Thanks, if they wanna stay open and compete with other stores they really need to clean up the store.  I did the online survey that I got on the receipt so hopefully they will listen to that if not here.

Quoting sweeties38:

i know someone who knows corporate,il be sure to relate the message,

DISNEY!  
Join us for some fun on the DISNEY! group....      

elasmimi
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM

We only have 2 stores left in my hometown, one of them is just like you described, the other is pretty nice, but neither of them is convenient to my house. All the ones out here closed, and this is the beiggest shopping area in town, I guess the real estate is just too expensive. I hate Walmart, and would love to have a nearby Kmart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)