Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends with the boss ?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM
  • 31 Replies

Are you friends with your boss ?Do you share things in your personal lives ? Do you know what your boss likes to do on their days off ? What their plans are for the weekend? etc..

Just curious.

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM
When I worked out of the home, yes my boss and I were friendly. We had dinners and drinks together. We knew each others plans. We were a small company and were almost family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanys_mom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Nope. I try to keep my work and personal lives separate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Not my current one. His wife is a lunatic, and he know I feel that way. haha 

I am friends with a former boss. We were very comfy and casual with each other in the workplace, but didn't hang out until she left the company. We didn't want to cross the line.

When I became boss it was the same thing. I'm very approachable. We became friends, and could talk about anything, but never hung out outside the work place. Again....crossing the line. 

Madelaine
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM

No, I try not to be I try to keep it separate as well.

styler7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM

When I worked at my last two jobs, yes I was close with both bosses as they were small companies.

mommythree0508
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM

nope when i worked,i kept it professional

RACINGMANIA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

agree but the company has coworkers that are friends that share things outside of work too

Quoting lanys_mom:

Nope. I try to keep my work and personal lives separate.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM

When I worked my boss was like my 2nd mom and she knew as much about what was going on in my life as my own mom did.  I knew just as much about hers too.  I moved 5 hours away so I don't get to see her as often.   

alliesmom112
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM

When I worked I was. I worked for a very small company, there was a total of 20 employees. My boss was actually the owner of the company and he was in the office on a daily basis. I always knew his plans and he would know mine, mostly because he always wanted one of us to be in town and available in case of an emergency. I was very friendly with his wife and his whole family actually came to my baby shower.

onecuteladybug2
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:16 AM

I'm a SAHM... When I was working outside of the home, I was never close with any of my bosses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)