Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping cart accident piog

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just a little warning about shopping carts and kids.

Today while we were at Salvation Army  I was done looking around and went to check out. My youngest was sitting in the front of the cart in the seat. My older two were standing next to the car holding on to it while I was finishing paying the cart was right next to me. My older two(7&5) must have been leaning on  the cart or something because suddenly the cart tips over sideways.  I quickly reached out and grabbed the cart as it hit my sons leg and my daughter grabbed the front by my youngest. My youngest was only about 6 inches away from smacking her head on the concrete floor. Thankfully though the cart was caught in time and no one was hurt other than a small bump to my sons leg.

I just though I would share my scary experiance. I have always let the older two take turns riding on the front of the cart, but will never do it again.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceciliam
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM

That is exactly my fear. I never let my son hang on the cart...I don't care that he sees other kids doing it....it's dangerous.

I'm glad nobody got hurt:)

ryleesmommy2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Wow that's scary how old is your youngest? I won't let them ride on the end of the cart either my step brother almost flipped a cart when he was younger (no one else was in it though) so I know now not to let my kids do that. Glad no one was hurt badly.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM

My youngest is 16 months. 

Quoting ryleesmommy2009:

Wow that's scary how old is your youngest? I won't let them ride on the end of the cart either my step brother almost flipped a cart when he was younger (no one else was in it though) so I know now not to let my kids do that. Glad no one was hurt badly.

bether89
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Scary!

ryleesmommy2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Wow that would have been awful if he would have hit his head! Definately glad no one was hurt!!

Sarahb21
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Eek! Good catch Momma!

AllThatBabyJazz
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Quoting Sarahb21:

Eek! Good catch Momma!

onecuteladybug2
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:49 AM

Wow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)