Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Spring’s Essential Workout Gear

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 49 Replies

Although it’s not as warm outside, as I would like, I can feel Spring coming, and after the winter we’ve had, I’m ready to shed my winter coat, boot, hats and the rest of the gear in favor of some bright colored spring gear, and of course, a new pair of sneakers.

I usually buy new workout gear in the spring. Buying new gear, isn’t just a necessity, it’s also a great motivator--the new clothes are fun to buy and can give a just-enough confidence boost to get you working out more. (Not to mention after a year of weekly wear and washes, much of my old gear is almost ready to be retired.) New clothes don’t have to break the bank, you can find a new pair of workout pants, or cute capris and a colorful t-shirt that will put added pep in your step. I also like to buy some sort of layers, like a zip up hoodie or sweat-wicking pullover so I can enjoy exercising outdoors.

In addition to new clothes, I always buy a new pair of sneakers. I beat up my sneakers, and by spring, my sneakers have usually seen me through a year of running, walking, and general-gym going. And, though I don’t exercise outdoors as much in the winter, I do take advantage of what warm-ish days we do have, so those sneakers take a beating in the winter.

The new gear is a great inexpensive investment in exercise, and health, and gets me going again after the winter slow-down.

by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessPeach06
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I bought a new pair of workout shoes recently but since I do all my exercise at home I wear the same old sports bras and shorts.

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 12,10 & 7
and 3 girls ages 9, 4 & 2

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:30 PM

its already wearm here ...so i need to get some new shirts and shorts ..the long winter shirts and pants i was running in are now to warm for use 

DomsMama07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Still cold here! I want to start walking I need to buy shoes! Also I want some of those little wights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Modestdresses
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM
How neat
AllThatBabyJazz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:57 PM

I just bought a new pair of work out shoes and a pair of work out pants. Just need the motivation to use them. 

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM

All I really do is water aerobics, and I bought a new bathing suit last year and only wore it once. I'm not putting myself through that torture again.

alliesmom112
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Buying new shoes and workout clothes is always a great motivator for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I need some new yoga pants.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Good on sneakers.

karischub
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I got new sneakers at Christmas and I need new sports bras...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)