Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Spring’s Essential Workout Gear

Posted by   + Show Post

Although it’s not as warm outside, as I would like, I can feel Spring coming, and after the winter we’ve had, I’m ready to shed my winter coat, boot, hats and the rest of the gear in favor of some bright colored spring gear, and of course, a new pair of sneakers.

I usually buy new workout gear in the spring. Buying new gear, isn’t just a necessity, it’s also a great motivator--the new clothes are fun to buy and can give a just-enough confidence boost to get you working out more. (Not to mention after a year of weekly wear and washes, much of my old gear is almost ready to be retired.) New clothes don’t have to break the bank, you can find a new pair of workout pants, or cute capris and a colorful t-shirt that will put added pep in your step. I also like to buy some sort of layers, like a zip up hoodie or sweat-wicking pullover so I can enjoy exercising outdoors.

In addition to new clothes, I always buy a new pair of sneakers. I beat up my sneakers, and by spring, my sneakers have usually seen me through a year of running, walking, and general-gym going. And, though I don’t exercise outdoors as much in the winter, I do take advantage of what warm-ish days we do have, so those sneakers take a beating in the winter.

The new gear is a great inexpensive investment in exercise, and health, and gets me going again after the winter slow-down.

by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
momkaribg
by Kari on Mar. 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM
I have lost almost 20 pounds. When I get to that point I am getting new sneaker and workout clothes. Only 4 pounds to go. YAY !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 24, 2011 at 5:29 PM
ĂŚ agree i bought new shoes
bubbles2881
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM
I need new gear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I have a hard time finding work out pants that are short enough and comfy yet still somewhat stylish and affordable.

Sarahb21
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I will need some new work out capris this summer. Mine got pretty trashed last year.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I agree, buying new stuff helps me get motivated.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I really need a good pair of tennis shoes and a few work out clothes as well. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 24, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Great job!

Quoting momkaribg:

I have lost almost 20 pounds. When I get to that point I am getting new sneaker and workout clothes. Only 4 pounds to go. YAY !!

Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I got some rock fit shoes at Kmart.  They are kind of weird on me.  I've only worn them a few times so far.  I have read these type of shoes work your muscles harder because it puts you off balance and your muscles have to work to keep you balanced.  I feel like they help me stay more balanced then normal sneekers.

Rushn311
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I don't buy new gear. I haven't seen any plus size workout gear that's not expensive. I do have two workout yoga pants from Walmart that I wear. I should buy new sneakers but mine are okay still.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN