Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHat was your reason for....?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 36 Replies

.....joining Cafemom? And why do you like it? Or dislike it)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Octobersmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM

For adult interaction...sadly the 'adult' aspect is missing in alot of the women on here

MommyOK
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Quoting Octobersmom:

For adult interaction...sadly the 'adult' aspect is missing in alot of the women on here

I have to agree.....

I first joined out of curiosity.....But as the time went and I started having much less things in common with my closest friends and  more in common with some ladies here...I started spending much more time on cafemom...... I know,  sometimes I feel silly and maybe post some pointless thoughts........but for the most part........if  I need advice or support or encouragement I get more of it here than form the "real world"..... There is a lot of drama going around that's for sure....But this group in particular I find most friendly and supportive...

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I joined the day before my daughter turned 2.  Then 20 days later I found out I was pregnant.  I have a few groups that I love.  Ive made some great friends.  I have to admit that I do enjoy some of the drama...although I dont cause any.  I stay home with 2 kids all day and really dont have any friends here.  So its nice to be able to communicate this way.

MommyOK
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Quoting CaeliMommyUSMC:

I joined the day before my daughter turned 2.  Then 20 days later I found out I was pregnant.  I have a few groups that I love.  Ive made some great friends.  I have to admit that I do enjoy some of the drama...although I dont cause any.  I stay home with 2 kids all day and really dont have any friends here.  So its nice to be able to communicate this way.

Exactly.........

Leelee1008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM

i agree with both.

I joined because a friend joined and i was curious. She doesnt get on anymore but its a daily must for me. I have had the privlige to meet some great women. I too come here for most of my advice.

as for the less than adult behavior I have to totally agree. there are alot of women on here who dont act like women. and its mostly about raising children. there is no right or wrong way to parent and everybody does it different. I say live and let live. there is no point in arguing about something like that

Quoting MommyOK:

Quoting Octobersmom:

I have to agree.....

I first joined out of curiosity.....But as the time went and I started having much less things in common with my closest friends and  more in common with some ladies here...I started spending much more time on cafemom...... I know,  sometimes I feel silly and maybe post some pointless thoughts........but for the most part........if  I need advice or support or encouragement I get more of it here than form the "real world"..... There is a lot of drama going around that's for sure....But this group in particular I find most friendly and supportive...

Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM

My husband was overseas. I had just had a baby and lived alone. I was pretty lonely and had lots of time to kill so I jumped online and found CM!

alliesmom112
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM
I had a question one night about DD and googled it and a link to Cafemom came up and then my sister told me she was member. Shortly after I came totally addicted. LOL

I do really enjoy the adult interaction and great advice I get from other moms. I am a Sahm so throughout the day I need to talk to someone besides a 2 year old. Although in some groups I would be better off talking to DD. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Modestdresses
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

To meet other Moms

iam4you2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Because I love to conversat with other mothers as well is get great tips

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:28 PM

i was a first time mother and needed all the advice I could get

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)