Group Home

Smarter Health: Fast Breakfast Fixes

Posted by   + Show Post

A sesame bagel and cream cheese. This not-very-rich-in-nutrients combo is what I've been having for breakfast every morning for about 4 months now. I don't need a nutritionist to tell me this isn't the best way to start my day; but it is the easiest, tastiest, and most filling option I have. Who has time for breakfast in the morning?
A long time ago, I was way more creative with my breakfasts. Here's some of my all-time favorites that I should probably get back to--and fast!

Waffle & Cottage Cheese This is one of the tastiest morning treats. Try whole grain waffles with a 4oz container of low-fat cottage cheese, and blueberries. Sprinkle a tablespoon of almonds on there for added protein.

Peanut Butter, Honey, and Banana Two slices of whole grain bread (the kind with the added fiber), honey, half a banana sliced up and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Very filling.

Egg McMuffin  One egg, one slice of low fat cheese, one whole grain english muffin. A side of fruit, like strawberries or melon. (If I have time, a scrambled egg plus spinach or peppers makes this even healthier and more filling.)

Egg & Spinach Pie Mix egg beaters (or something similar), feta cheese, spinach, chopped peppers and diced ham and pour into a baking dish that was sprayed with olive oil (or PAM). Bake till cooked through. Eat all week long with a slice of whole grain toast, or an english muffin.

What's your typical breakfast like?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (81-86):
jerzeetomato
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM

mostly cereal, bagels, oatmeal, or something else real quick.  I do like the ideas you posted though.  I get tired of the same old thing all the time.

LovesFredric
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I often have a PB or PB & Banana sandwich with my coffee on the way to work

mommab679
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 5:56 PM

The peanut butter honey banana I am going to have to try!! We do alot of healthy cereal, bananas, whole grain english muffins, and waffles.

fryshannon34
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I dont usually eat breakfast but when I do cous cous is very good as a hot cereal and also very healthy

Vantrice
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I am stuck on South Beach Diet Protein Ceral Bars.  I usually get Pbutter, or cinnamon raisin.  I eat one every day w/ my coffee.  I usually like something more on the sweet side in the morning, but these are low carb, and low calorie.

LOswald0314
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM

We have a lot of whole wheat waffles with PB, and I love baking ham and cheese quiches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci