Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gift question

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Now that my kids started schools......every holiday parents are exchanging the gift for the children......Well most of them. My question.....HOW long is this going to last? Is there a stopping point at a certain age? I mean it's nothing fancy just bags of little cheap toys and candy but come on.... Halloween, Christmas, Valentines day, St. Patricks, Easter, and I may be forgeting something. And each year their classes getting bigger.... DO you do it? It does become costly with more than one child .....

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristinRox
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

My dd's school has never did that, excpet for valentines day when you pass our vday cards and a little treat, even then the treat is optional. Instead of having parents give out treat bags or little presents. The teacher will provide something small, they do a special activity. On all of those little holidays sometimes a parent or two might bring in a treat.. but its optional and not the norm.

KristinRox
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

BTW.. it sounds like your school is into that thing. It probably wont change until the leave that school? Thats my guess anyway.

MommyOK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Quoting KristinRox:

My dd's school has never did that, excpet for valentines day when you pass our vday cards and a little treat, even then the treat is optional. Instead of having parents give out treat bags or little presents. The teacher will provide something small, they do a special activity. On all of those little holidays sometimes a parent or two might bring in a treat.. but its optional and not the norm.

I did notice that not every parent did this........but I guess it's my nature...you are nice to me I am nice to you.......and I'm still learning what is a custom here....

KristinRox
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Where I am from.. MOST parents dont do it, a couple of them do it once in a while. I think its an elementary school thing. Its a way to keep them excited about coming to school.  Im usually one of the moms that brings something in.. not because I have to, but because I want to. Sometimes I just cant, and its no big deal on the times that I cant.

Quoting MommyOK:

Quoting KristinRox:

I did notice that not every parent did this........but I guess it's my nature...you are nice to me I am nice to you.......and I'm still learning what is a custom here....

MommyOK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I think next year I'll have to cut down a bit. They aren't even in elementary school. My 2.5 year old is in a private nuresery school, and my 4 year old was in a 3 year old pre-school program. :) they call it a universal child care...so not a even a pre-school.....

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I don't do it with any kids.

onecuteladybug2
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 4:12 AM

I take treats for DS's class. I stopped with DD's class(es) when she started Middle School.

Kainalu55
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 4:44 AM

we did it for valentines day

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I do treat bags for the holidays their school celebrates.  But we don't feel like we have to, I do it because the kids like giving their classmates a treat.

4kidz916
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 9:08 AM

At my kids' school they have holiday parties in the classroom where each parent sends in something for the party.  They do this through fifth grade.  For some reason they all really like my treat bags so I get asked at each party to please make treat bags.  It's hard to come up with ideas for every season, every year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)