Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to wholesale or not to wholesale that is the question.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you wholesale, or dont you. Why or why not? do you think there are any advantages to joining a whole sale club?

We have a Bj's membership and I love it. They take coupons, give coupons out and have fairly low prices. I get alot of stuff there, but I dont buy cereal there, I can get it onsale cheaper at the stores. I have noticed eggs and milk are reasonable there, and their deli meat too.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samanthamommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Yes, I find it cheaper.

Leelee1008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I was able to get the HUGE tub of similac soy powder formula that normally cost $27 for only $17 today. they had a $5 off coupon in their store coupon book and I had $5 off from the news paper

Quoting Samanthamommy:

Yes, I find it cheaper.

4kidz916
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I'm a member of Sam's Club.  I go about once a month and stock up on certain items.  You have to do your research to see if the big buys really save money.

sarahjz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Yep.  We are huge fans of Costco.  We go once every 6 weeks or so and stock up on things like coffee, paper towels, yogurt, fresh fruit...etc.  Not everything is cheaper there so you just have to comparison shop.

ana326
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I do costco I only get toilett paper and detergent, juices, cereals in bulk oh and gas

sarahjz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Quoting ana326:

I do costco I only get toilett paper and detergent, juices, cereals in bulk oh and gas

Oh yeah, I forgot.  Gas is always cheaper there.

Luvmybooskies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:13 PM

I think it CAN be a good idea, but if you are driving 45 min out of your way just to buy a few things, then IMO that's not worth it. Also, if you buy a membership, but rarely use it, then that money was wasted as well. We have one to BJ's, hubby usually goes there on his way home from work, we definitely need to use it more because we have only gone maybe twice since renewing our membership! We usually get toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues (although I just learned on a news show that it's not cheaper to buy paper goods at whole sale clubs!) Clorox wipes, laundry soap, and canned veggies, 

Tnamari
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:14 PM

it is too far for us to drive and the membership would not pay for itself for the # of times we went-but I always ended up with the 13.00 fee or free from work, we mostly bought dogfood

louannwilkins
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I think some things are cheaper.  Around here anyway.  I think if you know your prices and look around you can save money.  

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I think Im going to join Sam's. Some stuff is cheaper and I think it might be worth it even though we are a small family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)