Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ummmmmmmmmmm Where'd it go?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 34 Replies

Ok so my scale is stuck between 175 and 178 has been for months.  A couple months ago I bought two pairs of jeans both relaxed fit.  Size 16 fit well size 14 was tight but I got them so when I finally lose weight. 

So last week I go to put on the 16's and can't even zip them WTF I checked the scale and I am still in that range.  So I was stuck in sweats.  Well Monday I go to try on the 16's and not only do they fit, I can pull them on and off without undoing them.  So I just decided to try the 14's on and they fit perfectly.  My scale says 182 now. 

How is this even possible?  Everything fits the same or better ... well  except my bra which is tighter.  What is going on here?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanielleK21
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I dont know but I have been on a weight loss journey since Jan. and have noticed the same things happen.

sweetcherry_59
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Muscle weighs more than fat. Do you work out? It is possible your body is turning your fat into muscle & so now your clothes fit better. I never go off of what the scale says, I go by how I feel in my clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JHanc968
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hmmm weird

Leelee1008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I refuse to weigh my self anymore lol

4kidz916
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM

This!

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

Muscle weighs more than fat. Do you work out? It is possible your body is turning your fat into muscle & so now your clothes fit better. I never go off of what the scale says, I go by how I feel in my clothes.

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Maybe you were just a bit bloated?

JoyJoy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

Rychelle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

well really muscle weighs more than fat is a myth.. a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are the same :) but it is more dense and you can lose inches and shift your weight and body porportions.. i try to not focus on the scale #s but the inches and my endurance and how i look in the mirror

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Rushn311
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Sounds like you were bloated maybe

Rychelle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

this too.. if i have my period or eat alot of salt the day before and retain alot of water my pants get tight!

Quoting Rushn311:

Sounds like you were bloated maybe

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)