Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrrr need to vent

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

Since Monday we've been having some renovations done in a house.  We're converting the "computer room" into a bedroom and another bedroom into an office. Adding some crown molding, trim  and coffered ceiling in the office........and I knew it was going to be messy BUT......OMG......I'm about to have a panic attack......The house is a complete disaster area...... dust everywhere, they covered some of the floor in between the rooms but dust is dust. The noise is crazy. I' shocked my kids are actually napping through it all. The weather outside is nasty and it has been since Monday...so all the cutting is being done in the garage ....You can ONLY IMAGINE how much dust is in there...I'm beyond pissed because I have asked them NOT to cut inside ...but I guess their excuse is ...weather not cooperating....All of the kids strollers are in the garage....the car (my dh isn't  using it right now) what is supposed to be black....is grey.....I don't even know HOW am I going to clean up all the kids gear......I'm afraid we'll have to power wash everything and leave it outside when it's nice to dry out....... I really though I was going to handle this better. I hate to bitch.....so I'm biting my tongue ...thinking and really hoping it will be done by tomorrow............Oh God help me ....I'm so irritated.....And myDH better not say ANYTHING to me about the mess.......he likes to tell me "oh why didn't you tell them this or that".........He's never home for any of the projects to see how it's done....so he has absolutely no idea what I Have to deal with....and then he has the nerve to blaim me for something......OHHHHHHHHHH I'm going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry just needed to let it out. ....:(

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerzeetomato
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I know your pain.  We built an addition on to our house and when it was time to take down the outer wall separating the rooms....holy moly what a mess!!!!  It sucks, but you'll be happy with your improvements when its all done and the mess will be cleaned up.  Good luck!!

momma_814
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Let it out. I know exactly what you mean about you having to handle everything (projects). DH is never home when maintenance people come and then he bitches because he thinks they did a crappy job. and wants me to bitch them out. UGH i'm with you. And i hope this is over soon. Sorry.

Leelee1008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:25 PM

we havent had any renovations done but my house is a disaster area, somehow things find themself everywhere. now its not my house so the amount of clutter is more than I can bare. I cant wait to get out on our own

4kidz916
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hang in there.  It may be a mess now, but it'll be worth it when it's done.

styler7
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM

buttttt....your getting the office turned into a bedroom like you really wanted...right? :) Or was that the guest room...hmm...maybe I'm wrong.

Luvmybooskies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM

That doesn't sound very professional to me. I hope their work turns out good and you are happy with the final product! 

Tnamari
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

that suuuuuuucks. sorry, hope it is done realllllly quickly and hope the sun comes out so you can hose down everything. Yeah he better not say a word, lol. Mine would take off work to make sue they did it "his" way, lol.

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Did they at least leave the garage door open while cutting? That is frustrating, but hopefully the finished product is well worth it!

MommyOK
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quoting styler7:

buttttt....your getting the office turned into a bedroom like you really wanted...right? :) Or was that the guest room...hmm...maybe I'm wrong.

LOL yeah...that's why I'm keeping my mouth shut and venting here :)))))....Because the new bedroom WILL have to be a "new guest bedroom" :)))

T-Howe
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Sorry to hear your not dealing with it well.

That's just construction. It's messy.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

I know your pain.  We built an addition on to our house and when it was time to take down the outer wall separating the rooms....holy moly what a mess!!!!  It sucks, but you'll be happy with your improvements when its all done and the mess will be cleaned up.  Good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)