Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of Getting your Kids Gardening

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 24 Replies

My boy (he'll be 6 in about 3 weeks) is obsessed with collecting as many different seed packets as he can get his hands on.  At the grocery store, he goes right for the seed display and would rather have two packs of seeds than any candy, or other treats.  It's hilarious.  Some kids get candy at the register, mine loves his seeds.

We recently got this thing, called a Sprout and Grow Window from Nature Watch.  Planted the sprouted bean and pea seeds that come with it yesterday and already, we can see the roots growing downward like crazy!   ...Tomorrow, I have the wonderful task of weeding our garden and getting ready for the tiller.  We've got at least 6 different root-type vegetables to be getting planted in the ground right now alone.  lol!   Our garden will be something else this year.   :)

Here's a pic of the window-thingy.  You should order one for your kids too!   Oh!  and they have this thing called the Butterfly Pavillion - we raised our own butterflies last year.  I REALLY recommend that as well!

Happy Gardening!   It's a great way to introduce your child to Science.     

Join us!                   

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinangels
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM

That is very cool!

abernathyvanna
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

That is really neat! :)

sharebearII
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM

There are already about 4 inches of roots that we can see.  Just in a day and a half!   Amazing.

I'll post pics here as we go.   :)

maisonsmom
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM
That's awesome my daughter would love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 3:16 AM

That looks cool!

Jerichos_Mommy
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 3:53 AM

that looks cool

elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I am going to get the kids science projects this year for christmas. This is awesoem.

Tnamari
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Thats neat, yeah I want the butterfly thingy, hoping a grandparent would buy one, lol

lovinangels
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Please do. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Quoting sharebearII:

There are already about 4 inches of roots that we can see.  Just in a day and a half!   Amazing.

I'll post pics here as we go.   :)

LovesFredric
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM
How fun!! My daycare lady told me they had used a fish tank to plant the seeds right up against the side so the kids could see the roots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)