Group Home

Smarter Mom: Quick and Easy Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 82 Replies

When you’re running around preparing Easter brunch or dinner, it’s easy to think there’s not enough time to plan an Easter egg hunt for your kids or for your guest’s kids, but you can. Its easy, and the kids love searching to find as many eggs as possible.

The week before Easter buy the plastic eggs, they’re inexpensive and you can probably get them at your local food store. Pick up some candy and trinkets for the eggs, like stickers or other dollar-store items that will fit in the eggs. Grab large plain gift bagas or canvas totes to pass out to each kid to collect the eggs. (After the hunt, the kids can decorate their bags. )

The morning of the hunt, it it’s nice out, hide the eggs outdoors. If the weather isn’t cooperating, go ahead and hide the eggs inside, just be sure to keep them clear of the main dining area where they’re sure to be spotted easily.

After the hunt is over, and they’ve shown off what they’ve found, set them up at a kids table to decorate the bags. Supply them with markers, stickers, stencils, stamps or whatever you have on hand. You’ll still have time to enjoy the brunch with the adults, and enjoy watching the kids have so much fun.

Do you have an easter egg hunt at home?

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy7243
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Yes we always do a egg hunt. We do try to do it outside every year. My kids love doing it. We use the plastic eggs and fill them with little trinkets,candy and money. Each kid gets a specific color egg to look for. We make the bigger kids harder to find and they sometimes try to sneek the little guys color :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:03 PM

We always have an egg hunt at my dad's. We fill the little plastic eggs with little candy or money. They love it.

LovesFredric
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM

yep! either at our house or the in-laws

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM
We always do a small one but it is normally just Allie. My mom also done a big one for all the grandkids at her house. We are hoping next year we might be able to make it home for Easter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:55 PM

We always have easter egg  hunts at whoever has easter at their house that year :)

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM

yes we do and the kids love it

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

good ideas. I buy all my eggs on clearance after easter

dustinsmom1
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM

We do our egg hunt when he first gets up in the morning, then we all get dressed up and go to a big Easter brunch, we don't really do much as far as dinner goes.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

We dont do an egg hunt yet. DS is too young to really get it and I just dont care that much I suppose lol

reyreybella01
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie