Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Quick and Easy Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by   + Show Post

When you’re running around preparing Easter brunch or dinner, it’s easy to think there’s not enough time to plan an Easter egg hunt for your kids or for your guest’s kids, but you can. Its easy, and the kids love searching to find as many eggs as possible.

The week before Easter buy the plastic eggs, they’re inexpensive and you can probably get them at your local food store. Pick up some candy and trinkets for the eggs, like stickers or other dollar-store items that will fit in the eggs. Grab large plain gift bagas or canvas totes to pass out to each kid to collect the eggs. (After the hunt, the kids can decorate their bags. )

The morning of the hunt, it it’s nice out, hide the eggs outdoors. If the weather isn’t cooperating, go ahead and hide the eggs inside, just be sure to keep them clear of the main dining area where they’re sure to be spotted easily.

After the hunt is over, and they’ve shown off what they’ve found, set them up at a kids table to decorate the bags. Supply them with markers, stickers, stencils, stamps or whatever you have on hand. You’ll still have time to enjoy the brunch with the adults, and enjoy watching the kids have so much fun.

Do you have an easter egg hunt at home?

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
iam4you2
by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM

We are doing a egg hunt here this year

Miss-B
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Yes we always have them at my mothers.

BiloxiDreams
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:01 PM

We do have a hunt.  We paint eggs the night before and do the hunt after church.  We usually hunt the plastic eggs with trinkets inside and I make deviled eggs with the ones we colored

Barronbaby
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM
no but we do have one at dh grandmas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I don't like the public eggs hunts, so we have them in the yard using plastic eggs. If it is raining, we just move the hunt indoors.

When my girls were younger, their school had egg hunts as part of their Easter party. They would take 10 plastic eggs that I filled... I used small candies and usually made 3 "special"eggs which included homemade gift certificates for small toys they had been wanting.

Shellness
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Yes, we always had a hunt. Now I get to wait for Grandbabies to do it with! I love the idea of the bags to decorate!

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM

We have a huge hunt every year. This year we filled 2300 eggs. We will have about 30 kids with their parents. We provide lunch and everyone brings a dish to pass. This is the 6th year that we will be doing it. It's for my son and all his friends. It's supposed to rain this year. I am hoping it holds off until after it.

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Yes we do...this will be our 3rd year backyard hunt.  I get a set of small plastic eggs and a set of the jumbo sized ones.  We put candy in all the small eggs.  For each child, we also hide a jumbo egg.  The jumbo or bonus egg has extra candy and a dollar inside.

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:33 PM
I loved Easter egg hunts when I was Little. The neighborhood parents would walk around the greenbelt hiding eggs! Then I liked getting to be the one to hide them. Now I can't wait until my kids are old enough to enjoy an Easter egg hunt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlL_eYeS_oN_mE
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM

yes we always do an egg hunt at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN