Group Home

Smarter Mom: Quick and Easy Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by   + Show Post

When you’re running around preparing Easter brunch or dinner, it’s easy to think there’s not enough time to plan an Easter egg hunt for your kids or for your guest’s kids, but you can. Its easy, and the kids love searching to find as many eggs as possible.

The week before Easter buy the plastic eggs, they’re inexpensive and you can probably get them at your local food store. Pick up some candy and trinkets for the eggs, like stickers or other dollar-store items that will fit in the eggs. Grab large plain gift bagas or canvas totes to pass out to each kid to collect the eggs. (After the hunt, the kids can decorate their bags. )

The morning of the hunt, it it’s nice out, hide the eggs outdoors. If the weather isn’t cooperating, go ahead and hide the eggs inside, just be sure to keep them clear of the main dining area where they’re sure to be spotted easily.

After the hunt is over, and they’ve shown off what they’ve found, set them up at a kids table to decorate the bags. Supply them with markers, stickers, stencils, stamps or whatever you have on hand. You’ll still have time to enjoy the brunch with the adults, and enjoy watching the kids have so much fun.

Do you have an easter egg hunt at home?

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
B-FigNewton
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

We don't celebrate Easter.

matheson7
by Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM

My mil normally has one at her house, kids love it.

chex9495
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM

We do indoors and out

chex9495
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM

We also do the plastic eggs and fill them, no real eggs hidden.

chex9495
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 9:19 PM

my kids are 17 and 15 and they still want to find them, so I will keep hiding them. It is fun cause we can hide them good now that they are older.

earthangel1967
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM

When the 5 kids were younger and growing up yes we did various easter egg hunts both that we attended in the community like at parks and we also did our own in the yard or indoors if the weather was bad.

We also always hid their baskets and sometimes they looked for the baskets and sometimes they had a flurry of little clue notes to find them like a treasure hunt. We always had fun

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!  

YVONNE

bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Cute idea! My DD is almost 2 so it might be fun, but her cousins are only 8 weeks old so hopefully next year all 3 kids will want to do an egg hunt together.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Cute idea!

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2011 at 7:43 AM

We had one every year...this will be our first without one since my youngest announced he is too old for an egg hunt. =(

sunnymommy122
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 9:42 AM

This is going to be our first Easter egg hunt for our family.  I am so excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690