Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Gifts To Help Mom Get Moving

Posted by   + Show Post

Flowers, candy, handmade cards, breakfast in bed. It’s all a nice treat on mother’s day, but what about a gift that keeps on giving, and that is just for her. Chances are mom is so busy running around after hubby and kids that she doesn’t get much time for herself (sound familiar?), if she likes to exercise or has mentioned starting back up again, help her along with one of these healthy mother’s day gifts.

Gift certificates are always a great gift. Pick one up for a gym, yoga, or other activity which she’ll enjoy doing. Don’t just hand her the gift certificate, make sure you include as much information as possible like class schedule. If it’s yoga and she’s new to yoga, get her a yoga mat to go along with the gift certificate, it’ll be added incentive to just do it.

New workout gear. Have her sneakers seen better days? Is her sweatshirt dated and stained? Get her some new gear, but save the receipts or get gift receipts just in case she needs to return for a new size or style. Not sure what sneakers to get, get the same brand and size she had but the most updated model, and make sure she can return (not just exchange) them.

A shiny, new gadget. Sometimes we just need a fun new toy to get us going like a new iPod or a Nike Fitness Monitor that lets you track distance, pace, calories burned and more.

What do you think about getting fitness gear for mother’s day?

by on May. 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
KamsOne
by on May. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I wouldn't mind fitness gear...as long as it's something I would use.  My MIL got me one of those big exercise balls once for Christmas but my house is TINY and I literally had no room at all to use it so it was a waste.

hws060504
by on May. 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Eh, I'm not really a fitness person, though I should be now since I"ve lost about 25 pounds since March on Weight Watchers!!!  :)  So while it would be a nice gift, it would be wasted on me, as I just haven't found the time to work out.

Kaci
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I would love a bike! Not a stationary one also! I have one of those and my eyes get plenty of exercise. Or rather "did". Its retired to the barn now. hehehee

Kaci
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Uh huh! Tell me about it Barbie! I only used it once! "He" got to use it after that! heheheheee

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Quoting Kaci:

LOLOL!  It's a thousand times better than receiving a weed eater! hehehehe

Quoting Cafe Veronica:

Quoting LilMissCupcake:

if the woman asked for it great if not then probably a bad bad idea

laughing

LOL - OMG!

auroragold
by on May. 15, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I'd appreciate fitness gear!  Even something as simple as a pedometer would be a meaningful gift from DH or DD.

Actually - we need a new exercise bike as ours bit the dust.  Hoping to get that this month

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM

:-))

Quoting LilMissCupcake:

if the woman asked for it great if not then probably a bad bad idea

elijahsmama09
by on May. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM
LOL...isn't getting fitness gear for Mother's Day one of the big no nos? I would be mad.
MyHealthyTribe
by on May. 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I would love it.  Not what I got though.

I got flowers for the yard and breakfast in bed, it was fabulous!!!!!  I love my boys!!

auroragold
by on May. 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Going to get our "gift" of an exercise bike this weekend :)

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I'd love to, and have received fitness gear before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)