Group Home

Smarter Home: Buying a Table and Chairs

Posted by   + Show Post

Buying a table and chairs for a kitchen or dining room always seemed straightforward to me, until I tried to buy one for a rather small eat-in nook off my kitchen. I didn’t realize how many types of tables are out there.

The first decision I needed to make was whether we wanted a tall table that was counter height or a standard height table. Counter height tables are about 36-inches high. Another option you’ll find are pub tables, which are even higher at about 42-inches. I like kitchens that have islands and counters that you can sit at, so I decided on a counter height table to give me that same experience.

Next I need to choose the size and shape of the table. I think a rectangle or square would work best somewhere between 30 and 36 inches. In that size there aren’t as many options as I would have hoped for.

Stools are next. And again, there are many options. I already know I want backs and cushions; I want them to be comfortable. Sometimes they are sold as a set of two, which is always a great deal.

If you have a small dining space you’re trying to fill and cant’ find the right shape or size table at any of the stores in your area, try Room and Board. You can easily custom make your own size table in a variety of styles, colors, and materials. Pricing, at least for the small tables, is quite reasonable, and you can get the exact size you want--down to the inch. The big box stores have a lot of options, don’t get me wrong, but if you have a unique-shaped space to fill this site can help you out.

Are you a counter mom or a set the table type mom?

by on May. 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-32):
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Table mom. We need a new set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by Julie on Jan. 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
We sit at the table, our family of 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80