Group Home

Smarter Home: The Right Pillow Can Help You Sleep Better

Posted by   + Show Post

Sleep-deprived moms listen up! If you're anything like me, when you're utterly wiped out and get the chance to sleep you want--and need--those precious few hours to count. You need quality, restorative sleep that helps you feel more awake and revived the next day.

To achieve a better quality sleep, you need to make sure you're surroundings and bed are properly set up. What we know, but sometimes forget is that the room should be made as dark as possible--shut off TVs, lamps, and blinds to shut out any light that might be coming in from street lights. Also, make sure the bed linens are all tucked in and your bed is made. You'll feel more secure (think swaddled baby) and will fall asleep more soundly because you won't get caught up in twisted sheets. And lastly, make sure you're using the right pillow.

The right pillow can make or break a good night's sleep. There's actually a pillow density for ever type of sleeper. Do you like to sleep on your back? You need a medium-to-firm pillow. Do you sleep on your side? If so, you need an extra-firm pillow for the best support.

Three easy steps to getting a great night's sleep--and we moms can always use a better night's sleep.

Does your pillow match your sleep style? (Mine was way off!)

by on May. 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (91-91):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 17, 2012 at 5:35 PM
I don't have a firm pillow!! But I sleep on two nice pillows!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci