Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So excited

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

I LOVE dried fruit and spend usually atleast 6 dollars a week on little bags of it that I eat for snacks. For a long time I have wanted to get a food dehydrator so that I can make my own dried fruit and stuff since it would be cheaper to do it that way than to buy it each week, plus I can do diffrent kinds. I kept talking about getting a dehydrator, but with them costing atleast $40 for the cheapest one, we just never managed to get one.

Well yesterday at a yard sale I found a bran new one still in the box for $20. I didn't have the money on me so I had to call my husband and have hom go up there to see if it was still there when my youngest got up from her nap. I was plannign on going back today, but I was to scared that it would be gone. I am thrilled to now have one to use and am looking forward to putting it to good use this weekend.

Whats really nice is with my hours going down over the next few months, this will really save us some money,although it did make this week a little tight,lol, but thats okay. It is worth it.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
QuiltLover
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM

We have one and my husband used to make jerky in it...I am not fond of meat but the kids loved it. I just may get mine out and make some dried fruit..I love that stuff and I don't buy it much because of the cost. I eat fresh fruit everyday and this would be a nice alternative and to have something to sanck on..not much a diabetic has to choose from since most snacks are sweet or loaded with carbs, of which I have to monitor closely. thanks for the thought...

DomsMama07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Yay!!! Good deal :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Awesome! I love my food dehydrator. I make jerky in it and dry spices sometimes. You can also make fruit leather and yogurt leather in them.

amy7243
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Great deal!!!!

Bmat
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Very nice!  You'll be able to make exactly what you like. :)

louannwilkins
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I'm glad you were able to get one.  Let us know how it turns out when you make some.  What fruit do you think you'll start with?

chiquis
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RACINGMANIA
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM

GOOD DEAL

Kainalu55
by on May. 23, 2011 at 4:26 AM

that's great!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)