Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms who work with their kids in daycare....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have been a SAHM for 5 years.  DS is almost 5 and DD is 3.  He will be going to school next year and camp this summer.  Which he is excited about.  He has been going to mothers day out for 2 years now and just LOVES it.  DD is another story.  She is VERY attached to me.  Never been with a sitter except my SDs mom.  If I try to leave her anywhere she cries, cries, and cries.  This is the part that is hard for me.  We need the money so I need to work.  I feel like I am going to be disappointing her but I need to do this.

My other thing is we will have to be leaving the house about 5:45AM.  Not anything she is used to either lol.  The kids are used to me making them a good breakfast in the AM.  What do you feed your kids that is not awful for them for breakfast?

SD is 12 but since DH and I will be both  working this summer she will be visiting her mom during the week and her moms weekends and we will get her on our weekends.  We are switching the schedule this summer (she mainly lives with us) because I dont think she needs to be home alone all day everyday and her mom is a SAHM.  So it will be good for her.  The little ones will get used to it but I know they will be confused as they are super close.  But SD has a younger brother and sister at her moms so it will be good for them as well.  And we will have sleep overs at each others houses with the kids so I think they will survive for the summer.

I think I have picked out a very good daycare.  Its expensive, there are ones that are cheaper but this one has alot of activities.  It is $165 a week.  But they do soccer, tiquando(sp), have a huge play area, and great centers and curriculum.  So hofully that will interest her.

Changes, Changes, Changes =(

by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyof3-2008
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

RACINGMANIA
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:31 PM

WOW, MY GIRLS WAKE UP AT 5:OO EVERY DAY . ITS A ROUTINE. I WAKE UP EARLY AND MAKE THEM A GOOD BREAKFAST FOR THEM.

RACINGMANIA
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM

GOOD LUCK

MommaSiete
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM

No advice here sorry, here is a bump and good luck!

aj23
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

My son cried and threw a fit every time I left him with someone and still does unless its with certain people. He always calmed down a little bit after I left and after a week or so he just said bye and went without any trouble.
New routines are hard but most kids adjust to them pretty quickly and easily.

nomadbrat83
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM
165 a week isnt expensive here lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iam4you2
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM

My kids do not go to day care. 

karischub
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM

It is a hard adjustment but everyone does eventually adapt. For breakfast we have bananas, homemade "trail mix" granola, dried fruit, nuts, fresh fruit in baggies, hard boiled eggs or nature valley granola bars.

LadyCash
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:58 PM

No experience, but I hope things go well for you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)