Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 24 Replies

Have you been through a divorce? Did you have children when it happened? Were the children with the man you were divorcing?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilahsmommie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I am trying to divorce DDs dad right now, so I have lots of Qs...

JHanc968
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM

No, I'm sorry I can't be of any help.  Best of luck to you though.

godsgirl26
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Ummm never been thr a divorce...sorry I'm no help..its  a lot of divorces going on these days.

aj23
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I've been divorced for 9 years (as of yesterday). I didn't have my son til long after that.

sherry132
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I have been divorced from my ex for 9 years this past march.

What happened with the kids. Well they were in the middle of a very bitter and nasty divorce. We eventually settled on 50/50 one wk with him one with me. That last for 5 years. Then I moved to KY which put them in the middle again. My DD chose to live with and DS was so young he just came with me. At the age of 12 DS chose to live with his dad and I let him without a fight. DD is still with me at the of almost 17.

My kids have needed counseling, they've suffered depression, anxiety, regression, they are both somewhat anti social, school problems, anger problems, and what I call nomad syndrome.

they don't know what home is.

After 9 years of fighting exhusband I chose to support our children by putting our past behind us. Now we are working together and amazingly both children are doing much better.

Don't make your children suffer. My biggest advice is this. Get along with each other, unite together in the decisions of your children, show up together at events, speak to one another and NEVER EVER let the kids know how much disdain you have for one another. I know plenty of kids who do just fine, but they are the ones thats parents grew up before the kids did.

Your pain and anger will be absorded by your children. It will hurt them. Be as amicable as possible. And get a therapist to help your kids through this, and yourself. Good luck to you and your family.

psych_mom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I've been through one and the ex husband and I have 3 children together. We have joint custody and live 5 miles apart. We are both present for the kids' activities and get along decently. My kids remember that we argued a lot when we were married, but that is all behind us. We have been divorced for four years this month and our kids are doing well for the most part. Our oldest has some issues but we are working with him on these and he is making progress. Even though you may not like your dh, remember that you should still try to keep the peace and don't argue in front of your child. Don't ever make it about her or she will think that the divorce is her fault. Let her dad be a part of her life and don't try to interfer with that unless her life is at risk.

smcclure2005
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Yes I have been divorced I had a daughter and yes it was his daughter. We are way better with him only around every other weekend..

badylugs80
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:46 AM
I have been divorced for 9 1/2 years. Our children passed away the year preferring year. I did the paperwork myself and all the filing...I was only married 2 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM
I have never been divorced, good luck to you though.
Aqua_Jen
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM
I've been divorced but luckily there were no kids involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)