Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4:20 am

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:51 AM
  • 29 Replies

Ela woke us up at 4:20 this am, with leg pains.We massaged her legs and gave her Tylenol. but now she's sleeping like a baby, and dh has to go to work, and I have to start my day. The joys of parenthood, lol. Do your kids have "growing pains"?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessPeach06
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Only my 5 year old - for years on and off she will wake up with one or both knees hurting.

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 12,10 & 7
and 3 girls ages 9, 5 & 2

Join us on:

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM

My 5 year old has them off and on . 

KristinRox
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM
Oh no that sounds painful. Thankfully my kids don't have growing pains. When I was a kid I used to get that achey feeling. Ouch.
Jessica45
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM
My dd 6 years old has been getting them for years. The doctor gave us something's to do every night before bed and it helps.
Its best to keep the muscles and joints warm all the time Every night take a warm shower or bath. Let the muscles stay in the warm water for a little bit. Afterwards massages each leg for a little while. Focus mostly on the joints (knees and ankles) but do the entire leg because the muscles need it as well. Keep the muscles and joints warm all the time or as much as possible. At night thigh high socks and leg warmers are best. My dd actually wears both.
I've been doing this with dd every night for a few years and she says it makes a BIG difference. Maybe you can give them a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM
My 9 yr.old did all the time.
mayzell
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM

my son has leg pains to, however i asked a dr. and he said growing pains aren't real?

dustinsmom1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM

My son is 5, he gets "cramps" had them since he was an infant, I had them terrible as a child ugh, poor thing, hope she feels better.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Yep my older two do. We use a heating pad on them to help

KamiB79
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM
My middle 2 get them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM

poor baby...my kids don't get them, but I did a lot as a kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)