Group Home

Smarter Mom: Camping In Style

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 65 Replies

Have you been camping lately? If so, this is probably not news to you. However, I haven't been since girl scouts so imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this tent online.

Not just any ordinary tent, this tent, called the Northwest Territory Olympic  Cottage, sleeps 10, has a hanging divider curtain, two closets, a corner shelf, cup holder pockets (haven't figured out why those are included yet) and a welcome mud mat. It's shaped like a house (See image above) and when I saw it, all I could think was how much fun it would have been in my backyard instead of the dinky little tent I hosted tea parties in and shared with my brother.

You might think a tent like this would be expensive, but it's just $219. You can upgrade for ten more dollars and get the same model with an add-on front porch. If you're thinking about camping this year with the family, or thinking of pitching a tent in the backyard this summer for your kids to play in, this tent might be the perfect end-of-the-year surprise for them.

Now, I'm not sure how it stands up against bears and the great outdoors, but it certainly looks fun-- makes me want to bust out my old camping gear. Bring on the S'Mores!

Do you and your family camp?

by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

We dont camp but that  sure is a nice tent!

amy7243
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Yes we do. We bout 2 matching tents at Kmart this winter. They are the ones with 2 rooms in them. We usually just use one for storage of all of our supplies :) while camping. My mil bought one and we loved hers.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:09 PM

My husband is in the tent business, not camping tents, but large commercial tents. They have some that really look like buildings, complete with glass doors and windows. But I do my camping in a Holiday Inn.

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Awesome I want one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:13 PM

I love the idea of this unusual tent. I don't camp. My idea of camping is a motel room without a mini-fridge.

krise
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM

oh that is nice.. No I dislike camping, but I'll go if the kids want too.

nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Yep my version of camping is a hotel without wifi lol

Quoting elasmimi:

My husband is in the tent business, not camping tents, but large commercial tents. They have some that really look like buildings, complete with glass doors and windows. But I do my camping in a Holiday Inn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM

same here

Quoting Madelaine:

We dont camp but that  sure is a nice tent!

..................................................................................

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

And also at The Park Bench!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/111698

MomsTaxiAndATM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM

How cool is that!!? Yes, we camp but we take our RV......

MomsTaxiAndATM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM

LOL!

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Yep my version of camping is a hotel without wifi lol

Quoting elasmimi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie