Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: A Stress-Free Fourth of July

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 67 Replies

Moms, listen up! If you're planning a Fourth of July celebration, don't stress. It's one of the easiest, most stress-free holidays you can plan for--and it's easy to make it fun for kids and adults alike.

If you're planning a BBQ make sure the grill is ready to go beforehand. You don't want to be fussing with cleaning the grill or filing up the propane tank the day of the BBQ when you should be cooking. Speaking of cooking, keep the grilling simple--hot dogs and hamburgers are crowd favorites. You can also add some corn on the cob and, if you're feeling a bit gourmet, try putting together a simple shish-kabob. Decorating is a breeze, too. Everything is red, white, and blue.

If you're picnicking in the park or on the beach before the fireworks start. Make sure you get a sturdy cooler with wheels to cart the food in. Bring an assortment of sandwiches, some chips, and two side salads. For dessert nothing beats brownies or cookies, and some fresh berries with whipped cream.

The key to fourth of July holiday success is to have fun enjoy!

What are your fourth of July plans?

by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 10:28 AM

My husband will be working and have our only vehicle so no plans here.

melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 10:32 AM

We ar eplanning to go to Powell Gardens to the dinosaur exhibit. They also have music, fireworks and plants. I think ti will be beautiful and fun

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Barbeque and swim

1busymomma03
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

We are camping on the 4th! It's a tradition...we have camped every year for a few years now. We always have a good time, and it isn't stressful at all. I can't wait. =)

andrea96
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I'll be on vacation in Colorado.

kimsardo
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:24 AM

My family is playing the music for the local fireworks show this year. That's what I'll be doing on Monday.

kerryket
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I'm not hosting, but these are some pretty easy ideas, I think it's better when you're not running around like a nut and missing out on all the fun and family/friends.

july 4th

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing yet but I know we will have lots of fireworks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM
That's a bummer

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

My husband will be working and have our only vehicle so no plans here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Fun!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

We are camping on the 4th! It's a tradition...we have camped every year for a few years now. We always have a good time, and it isn't stressful at all. I can't wait. =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)