Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: What's Your Uniform?

Posted by   + Show Post

I do love clothes, but as a work at home mom of two little kids, the fashionista has left the building. Date night or GNO? Bring on the dry clean only! Tuesday? Uniform time.

Yes, I have a uniform, and you should too. It simplifies laundry and getting dressed every morning and ensures you look presentable and feel confident about what you're wearing. And no, I'm not saying you should be all over pleated skirts or navy pants (unless you like them)...I'm saying you should have sort of a standard "look" that can adapt to many situations, be dressed up if need be, and be comfortable and easy to care for.

Mine is, in summer, a knee-length skirt and a nice, dressed-up tee (with details like embellishments, pleats, ruffles, whatever), worn with comfy-but-stylish sandals. Some days I opt for cropped and/or cargo pants instead of the skirt. In winter, it's jeans with a cardigan and tank or funky long-sleeved tee, worn with my trusty low-heeled boots. What works for you might be different, but it's not a bad idea to look at the clothes you wear again and again, think about why you like them, and try to replicate them a few more times so you always have something to grab that you know will look good and work for your day.

Do you have a mom "uniform"? What is it?

by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
MommaSiete
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Sweatpants haha.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

jeans and a nice tee/blouse and weather appropriate shoes

JHanc968
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM

No, not really

LadyCash
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM

JEans and tees.

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Jeans and t-shirts/tank tops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN