Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Get New Outdoor Furniture Now

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 49 Replies

The best time to buy anything for your outdoor space is right now. As soon as Fourth of July hits, retailers slash prices on summer items. You can get amazing deals on outdoor furniture like patio sets, lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas and more. And with at least 3 months left of great outdoor weather, why wait?

My parents have a traditional wood deck with a dining table and six chairs that looks like teak. It's great, I love sitting out there, but it's hard to do so during the day, especially with the baby, because there's no umbrella. They also have a garden off the deck and want to add a small bench and table, which is great for additional seating and somewhere more remote to go and have a glass of iced tea and read a book.

My brother has a newer house with a pool in back and a sprawling deck. He needs furniture to fill it and is looking at new patio sets. A set like this patio set would be perfect, and when it's on sale is less than $300 which is unbelievable.

There's still a lot of summer left, why not enjoy without paying full price for your outdoor living space?

Do you plan on taking advantage of mid-summer sales?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Tam_
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:55 PM

If we had the space outside, we would definitely be picking up some outdoor furniture.  Where we live right now, it's not exactly possible.  Hopefully in our next home, we'll be able to do this.  I miss hanging out in the backyard.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM

We've been thinking of getting some furniture for the backyard for a while now....Not sure if the outdoor stuff is really durable for our girls...You'd think they were boys..lol...

heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:18 PM

If I had space, I would.

imgnabamommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I wish we could...i'd love a patio set but with the garden on the porch we don't have room for the patio set. 

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM
If I had the money I wish I could I have a patio without anything on it
powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM

cool! idk that! once i get my house (hopefully i can!) I'll SOOOO buy some out-door furniture than!

lol. but sorry, it'll have to wait until than. thank you though.   :)

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

My dh and I want a nice patio set.. they all cost so darn much

mamapaparazzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I have seen some amazing deals going on lately - wish I didn't live in an apartment, lol!

MommaSiete
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM

If I had the money I would for sure!

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I already have everything I need, but I agree, now is the best time for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)