Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name some "fun" "weird" "crazy" facts/statements that you believed in your childhood

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

When I was about 9y old I named my doll BONNIE from the tv show knight rider (bonnie was the mech I think on the show) she fixed kitt up.. why because

English isnt my first language and shows like that were/are translated into german

Bonnie I thought was the ultimate coolest name cause its an American name.. 

and Bonnie was pretty much the only american name I knew.. until Brandon, Brenda, Dylan and the others from BH 90210 came along..

I also thought if you cut someones head off you just toss food down there and put a lid on it.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM

when i was 6 my first nephew was born & i was so upset.  i thought that since i was an aunt i'd get wrinkles.  my parents were 39 & 40 when they had me & they were both the youngest in their family so my aunts were all starting to go grey & get wrinkles.  so my 6 year old brain equated being an aunt with having wrinkles.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Eew............ (lol) :-)

I thought if you crossed your eyes too often they would stay that way.......... I kind of still believe it though if you have weak eye muscles.  LOL!

MomsTaxiAndATM
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Quoting lizzig:

when i was 6 my first nephew was born & i was so upset.  i thought that since i was an aunt i'd get wrinkles.  my parents were 39 & 40 when they had me & they were both the youngest in their family so my aunts were all starting to go grey & get wrinkles.  so my 6 year old brain equated being an aunt with having wrinkles.

LOL!

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM
I studies this in college in psych class. My irrational belief was that because I could not do a cart wheel (like my great grandma, my grandma, and my mom) that I would not have a marriage that worked (cause they didn't either.
heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I thought if you ate a watermelon seed a watermelon would grow inside you LOL

Thanks Mom for trying to scare me

lilmisscee1974
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM

That if you crossed your eyes, they could stick.

hybridkar82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I thought that the Crazy Bread from Little Cesear's made you drunk. My older sisters ate it once and acted "crazy". So I was afraid to eat it for years. 

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM

If you peed in the pool it would dye the pee a bright color and everyone around you would know it was you.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Also if you frowned too much that your face would stay that way when your old.

elasmimi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I was the youngest kid in the neighborhood, and all the other ids had me convinced there was a vampire graveyard under my bedroom window.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)