Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Have Done The Same Thing?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM
  • 26 Replies

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43674456#43674456

Would you have done the same thing as this mom did with your kids in this situation? 

(please don't answer "MY" kids wouldn't have done this.. bc even if that's true that's NOT the question, the question is IF they did, would you have done the same thing as this mom?)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I'd have done the same thing and my kids KNOW I would.

mj.bullion
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I'd like to think I would. But I really don't know until I'm in the situation. I hope I'd have the nerve to do that. I would hate to see my son or future children doing something like that and would be devestated to find it out.

hfaddis
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:23 AM

i dont know because i cant get the video to work for me, lol probably the computer i'm using tonight

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I'd like to think I would but until I'm faced with such a situation I can't say for certain.  I pray to the powers that be that my children will never put me in such a position.  You can raise them to have morals, to know right from wrong, teach them all the right things but at the end of the day you can't control their actions.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Quoting mj.bullion:

I'd like to think I would. But I really don't know until I'm in the situation. I hope I'd have the nerve to do that. I would hate to see my son or future children doing something like that and would be devestated to find it out.

I agree with this.

I might want to take the law in my own hands. Punish them myself. Send them to a homeless shelter to serve food and clean for the rest of the year. Make them earn money and send it to the store annonymously to cover any costs of damages or missing merchandise.

If I reported them. Their records would be marked and it may prevent them in going in to a good school when they hit college and it would cost a fortune in legal fees and citations. That I could not afford.

It would be a hard choice to make.

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
mommyof3-2008
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM

i believeiw ould

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Way to go Mom! I'm sure that had to be a very hard thing to do. I applaud her decision.

As for me. I don't know what I would have done. I'd like to think I had the courage to do as this Mom did. What a lesson they learned.

powow65
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM
im on my phone, so i cant check that out @tm. But later today.... I'll be on my computer & check it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I would so do something like what that mom did. I would do without a 2nd thought. We have taken 1 back to a store where they stole something, albeit much youngesr then these children in the story were, but we left it up to the manager on how she wanted to handle things. Let me tell, it scared my child so bad. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about him stealing again.

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM
It's not playing on the iPad will check back on pc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)