Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need meal ideas!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 22 Replies
We can only go actual grocery shopping once every two weeks. My husband doesn't want me to spend over $200 for 2 weeks worth of food. I don't have a printer or get a paper so I'm couponless.

Anyways I always try to make sure I have plenty of chicken and hamburger. It gets boring though. We always just have hamburgers, spaghetti, chicken with mushroom soup or bbq chicken.

Do you have any cheap meal ideas to give us some variety?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Well last night I made beef and cheese enchiladas. As for the coupon thing, go to collectablecoupons.com

You can order the coupons you want and they get mailed to you.

Stuffed Bell Peppers, Shephards Pie, Tacos, Nachos.

Chicken Spaghetti, chicken tacos, chicken alfredo, Sometimes I like to grill the chicken in the skillet and grill some mushrooms. Then when the chicken is done, I put swiss cheese on top of it.

wigglesmomma22

Enchiladas..all you need is chicken or beef...salsa and enchilada sauce.

Pulled chicken sandwiches...crockpot the chicken and I love stubbs BBQ sauce. 

Meatloaf...burger, onion soup mix, a little ketchup, an egg and bread crumbs.

Beef stroganoff...noodles, burger, sour cream, and one can of cream of mushroom soup.  I add onion and mushrooms if I have them.

deadpplrmyhero
If you already have chicken you can get rice a roni cheesy broccoli and add frozen veggies like broccoli califlour and carrots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Egg casserole - basically whip up a dozen eggs like you would for scrambled eggs,  set aside - put a bag of tator tots in a cake pan - cut up some already cooked sausage( like the kind that is in the box in the freezer) and put all over on top of the tator tots, pour the eggs all over the tators tots and sausage, top with cheese if you like. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour or until eggs are cooked.

My kids love this.

LCG83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Oh thanks for the link!! And the ideas! Mmmm

Quoting ashleymosq:

Well last night I made beef and cheese enchiladas. As for the coupon thing, go to collectablecoupons.com

You can order the coupons you want and they get mailed to you.

Stuffed Bell Peppers, Shephards Pie, Tacos, Nachos.

Chicken Spaghetti, chicken tacos, chicken alfredo, Sometimes I like to grill the chicken in the skillet and grill some mushrooms. Then when the chicken is done, I put swiss cheese on top of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Mmm these are all great ideas that I never thought of! You ladies rock
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

bump

artsygirl2010
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM

there are a ton of great recipe sites on line.  most every major food co. has one; pillsbury, better crocker, carnation.  plus sites like foodnetwork.com, recipe.com, et.  check out those sites to get some ideas.  some of the company sites allow you to plug in what you have & they'll pull up recipes with those ingredients.

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Tuna noodle casserole. I used to use a box of mac and cheese, a can of tuna, cream of mushroom soup and a cup of frozen peas. Its really cheap, quick and easy. My DH doesn't eat it with peas, thats why I said used to. He is so picky that I have to make mine from scratch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)