Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your baby can Read....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

Has anyone used "your baby can read"? and if so what do you think about it?

I just got it for my daughter and she is actually very bored with it. I can't seem to make her like it. she sits and then gives me this look like "really mom?" lol

thought it would make learning fun for her, but I honestly don't blame her.

My Name is Brittany...I'm a 23 year old mom to Emma, Wife to Michael, and Disney Fanatic. I love God, My family, My friends and I'm grateful for everything I have! God-Bless Everyone!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hybridkar82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Your baby can read sucks. My boys don't like it either. Leap pad has a video series out that's awesome. Leap Pad presents Letter factory, is AWESOME!! After a few days both of my boys knew every letter and sound that it made. They also have talking words I & II, and numbers. They are about 5 bucks each but we downloaded them all from the internet (shhhhh). 

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Factory-Roy-Allen-Smith/dp/B0000INU6S

Kainalu55
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM

i don't think it really teaches babies to read...it's more of teaching them to recognize certain words. so i don't think they'll really be able to read from it, they'll just learn the words they are taught to recognize.

imgnabamommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM

i have used it...my DS is bored with the movies but loves the flash cards. 

powow65
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:39 PM

i was SOOO really thinking of doing that too! but just buy card's (blank one's) & put pictures on it & the word. thats it!

Lisa0626
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I did not try it for my dd, it really seemed to be that children were memorizing and not really reading.

MsDean
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Try this website. it is easy to maneuver and my kids love it!

http://www.starfall.com/

Love2Bugs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I had a friend with it and she recorded it for me. They watched it for a cpl days. But my kids dont just sit down and watch tv. They play while they watch so they werent getting anything. So we stopped.

Love2Bugs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Oh and BTW my 1 year old is VERY smart with out it. Just saying. She says "all done", "thank you", "hi". And she picks up my oldest dog figure and bounces it like its running and says "woof woof"... ALong with the signs.

MommaSiete
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Nope. I don't know anyone who has tried it either.

ohmybaby
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM

This system of learning is based on "sight words."  It does not teach your child phonics which is more important when learning to read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)