Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do ?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Quit or wait to be fired ?

Lets put it this way. I have never ever been fired. I am good at what I do and I would never apply for a job I am not qualified for.

That being said. I just started this job a month ago. In that month I have seen falsified documents, interoffice politics, cattiness, blame being put on several people (including myself) for things that we had no control over, constant issues almost daily, and more favoritisms than I can list.

I hate it. Honestly I think I am on the verge of being let go for reasons untrue and unfair.

Should I just leave or wait to be fired? What would you do?

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiredmom53
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

No job is worth this stress!  I would quit but writting up your resignation list all the issues driving you to quit.  therefore going for a new job you have the proof why you left for your next employer

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Quoting Tiredmom53:

No job is worth this stress!  I would quit but writting up your resignation list all the issues driving you to quit.  therefore going for a new job you have the proof why you left for your next employer

You are right. I am stressed every single day. :(

Hubby says that I should leave because its not worth it, but I am terrified of our finances. I dont think I would qualify for unemployment either. Especially if I quit.

~ Michelle

CafeMom Tickers
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I would look for another job and then quit

hybridkar82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I agree start looking now.

If you can show "hostile work environment" you would qualify for unemployment even if you quit. Maybe go to dr just to show work is stressing you out. Get him to write you a note to take a few days off. That's a good first step. Look into how your state handles it just to make sure

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Quoting othermom:

I would look for another job and then quit

I dont have the time to look for a new job. I have done a few online searches, but I need more time to actively look. I would call out for 1 day, but I am sure I would be told not to come back or something terrible :(

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Quoting hybridkar82:

I agree start looking now.

If you can show "hostile work environment" you would qualify for unemployment even if you quit. Maybe go to dr just to show work is stressing you out. Get him to write you a note to take a few days off. That's a good first step. Look into how your state handles it just to make sure

I like this idea, but my doctor is pretty strict...he wouldnt give me a note for time off :(

CafeMom Tickers
thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM
I'd start looking now. Goodluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMama07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM
I'd quit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM

This.

Quoting Tiredmom53:

hybridkar82
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:41 AM
Quoting Wish2Be:

Well go amd ask if he or she says no find a new Dr too. LOL but I am dead serious. Sometimes it takes a while to find a good Dr and if you're afraid to ask for something you need, I'd say he or she is not the best one for you. JMHO Life is too short to not get some or most of what u want, or be miserable at work, or afraid to live your life b/c of what u think someone else will do or say. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)