Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Savings: Al Fresco on Sale

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Yes, the stores are filling with school supplies and fall clothes, and yes, it's getting dark just a little earlier, but we still have a good month or more of summer weather ahead of us. And that means squeezing the last little bit of enjoyment out of these warmer months.

My absolute favorite thing to do during the summer is eat outside. On all but the hottest or wettest days, my family and friends gather around our outdoor table to feast on grilled food and enjoy cool drinks, and linger for awhile as the sun goes down. Food always tastes better outside...even a simple hot dog tastes great in the sunshine. And there's something about sitting outside on summer nights that feels like we're making memories, that our kids will always associate summer with outdoor meals.

If your patio set is looking a little the worse for wear, or you're just ready for an upgrade, KMart has 50 percent off selected outdoor furniture right now. What makes this an especially good bargain is that you'll be using this furniture for years instead of just until the end of the season this year. If you care for it properly by stowing it in the garage or covering it, it will look great and last longer.

What's your favorite piece of patio furniture?

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Thanks!  I'll have to check it out, i don't even HAVE a patio set right now.

fineyouguyswin
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Awesome I'll have to look at the store we have been wanting to get an outdoor set :O)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

im waiting to go get something when the price drops a bit more...the K Mart I went to did not seem to have this 50% off sale :-(

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:23 AM

we dont have a set anymore right now

Rushn311
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I bought my patio set 4 years ago and I love it!

powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM
yeah i know. I just saw that yesterday & if i had my own house, i so would of bought that patio furniture. (its good looking.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Even at 50% off I cant afford it.  I'm not sure what my fave piece is.

our3
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Quoting aneela:

im waiting to go get something when the price drops a bit more...the K Mart I went to did not seem to have this 50% off sale :-(

No kidding right!  MY Kmart doesnt have the clearance everyone talks about. I went to check out the toys and bags and nope all full price.

Check out my Blog Here

amy7243
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

wow~great deals! I really would love to get some rockers for my porch!!!

momkaribg
by Kari on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Thanks i will check that out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN