Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: Getting Fit Postpartum

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband just told me my "fourth trimester" is almost up. What brought this comment on was me being irritable, and him being patient. This caught me by surprise. Not the being patient part, but the fact that it's been three months since the birth. Why am I still the size of a house???

Well, if I had to guess it's because I eat too much and don't exercise enough. I am getting out there walking about 4 miles, two times a week and about a mile to two the other days. Unfortunately, that's not enough. Yes, it's slowly coming off, like four pounds a month, but I have alot more to go!

The problem with exercising more right now is that I can only take my daughter so many places. Some of my neighborhood places don't have babysitting, and the ones that do I'm a little hesitant about because she's so young. Should I put her in a room full of 2-5 year olds?

I'm currently looking for some classes in the park that incorporate the stroller (with baby) into the workout. Sometimes these classes also use exercise bands and jump ropes, too.

Help me out moms, what did you do to lose weight?

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-52):
jendawn1
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM
I didn't start trying to loose weight till dd was done bfing. Now I'm counting cals and exercising! I'm in a great group on her healthly weight loss! Were the ladies are helpful and very suportive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
My baby weight was mostly baby, so my weight was lost when I gave birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN