Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: What's for Dinner?

Posted by   + Show Post

"What's for dinner tonight?" The question comes almost daily from darling husbands and hungry kids and more times than not the answer is "I don't know". Yes, we plan in advance, but dinner can be such a drag--and clean up after even more of a drag. This is why making dinners not using the stove or oven can be a refreshing change of pace, and makes cleaning up a breeze. With kitchen gadgets, like a slow-cooker, panini maker, and electric grill, you'll never not know what to make for dinner again.

A slow cooker. A slow cooker might be my favorite kitchen gadget. It's so easy to use, and everything always tastes so delicious when it comes out. Some of my favorites are chili and stew. For both you just need to chop up veggies, and add a sauce. Do it first thing in the morning, and come dinner just set the table and you're ready.

A panini maker. All sandwiches taste better when pressed into a panini maker. Try grilled ham and cheese; mozzarella and roasted peppers, or grilled chicken. Layer on some vegetables for a healthy addition.

An electric indoor grill. Everything tastes better grilled, and is better for you. Chicken, turkey sausage, or a steak. Just put it on, while it's cooking make an easy side dish and you're done. The grease drips away into a tray, and you can put the grill top right in the dishwasher for easy clean up.

Dinners that are easy to make, easy to clean up and are delicious. Who's a super-mom now?

What's your go-to dinner when you don't know what to make?

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Love my slow cooker and griddle. I want a panini maker so bad. My twin sister has one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I normally always know what we are going to have for dinner because I meal plan. I usually plan at least one easy and quick meal each week and those vary anything from a casserole to spaghetti

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Chicken or spaghetti or meatloaf

iam4you2
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:09 PM

We had spaghetti

sweetsurprise13
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM

i need a quesidilla maker. I know how to make them without one but just want one. lol

heathermichelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Spaghetti

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM

spaghetti

Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM

We usually discuss as a family and come up with something simple.

Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Spaghetti is a big go-to meal for us.

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Sandwiches, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN