• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i must confess.... (please help me!)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM
  • 16 Replies
i am a slob but am trying start cleaning more & more!!! (so my SO & I can start this baked goods business!) my problem is.... When something is fully clean! (dishes could be clean & sink is empty) but my problem is.... I cant get my-self to clean anything else! (bathroom, living-room... Anything!) it's like i "freeze" up & dont know how to be a "normal" cleaning person in my own apartment! ..... I've always had this problem ever since i moved out of my aunts house (@the age of 17.) .... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!! I mean it!!! I want to be a 360 person with cleaning!!! Thank you for looking & listening & replying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susiemae
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

There are cleaning groups on here. Join them. The game that really gets me motivated is The Bossy Game.

Rushn311
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM

What I do is keep a cleaning schedule. On Mondays I usually put the laundry all away that I cleaned on the weekend. Tuesdays is my cat box day. Wednesday is cleaning the bathroom day. Thursday is dusting the LR and bedrooms. Friday is mopping floors if need be and cleaning foyer area.

Every day tho I vacuum, clean kitchen up and tidy house. I usually throw a laundry in daily too so it doesn't get backed up. Right now I am backed up cause' I've been really busy.

dtMOM09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM

put the timer on for 1 hour and pick one room to clean a day to get you started.  if it's not a room then  ex. 1 hour of sweeping/laundry/dusting

Luvmybooskies
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I like to turn on music, that really motivates me. Look around and clean the first thing that really jumps out at you as messy. Keep doing that and before you know it the room will be clean. For now, just do one room at a time. Then light some candles and have a friend over. You will feel really proud of yourself. I know when I get in funks and let my house get messy, it can be hard to get that kick in the butt I need, but when I do get it done, it's so rewarding just sitting back and looking at how much I accomplished. 

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM

If you go into a room , and it needs tidying up..then take 5-10 minutes and clean up around you , you dont have to get it all done...a little at a time is good.

Example : you have to go pee..so you walk into the bathroom, you go pee..before you leave though..organize the bathroom counter, stick garbage in a bag. Walk out..the next time you are in there , grab the broom..so after your done using the facilities..you can sweep..keep doing that. Then when its clean, it just need's to be managed.

Do the same with the living room, or the bedrooms....

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:26 AM

When I clean I like to listen to upbeat music because for some reason that gets me going.   

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Do you have a really messy neighbor.. Visit them.. or watch Hoarders buried alive..

Gets me going everytime

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM

LOL! watching hoarder's does the same thing for me! lol

Quoting mamivon2:

Do you have a really messy neighbor.. Visit them.. or watch Hoarders buried alive..

Gets me going everytime

slw123
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Oh yeah!  Hoarders does it for me.  But music is very motivating too.  Turn the tv off and the music on and you'll suddenly find all the motivation you need.

mamapaparazzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Whenever I watch hoarders, like the other ladies, I clean like a freak, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)