Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craigslist?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM
  • 29 Replies

Anyone ever bought or sold off of craigslist?  Ever run across a scam or did your sale/purchase go without problems?

I tried selling a camera once on there and got nothing but spam emails... have been perusing lately for household items like microwaves and bookshelves but every time I contact someone they don't return my email or they've already sold, lol.  No luck so far!

Any cool craigslist stories here?

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM
I sold everything I owned on cl 2 years ago before a cross country move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I got cam emails some. I have sold a few things. I get frustrated thoughb when people don't come when they say they wil or take several days to meet

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I have sold and bought off of Craigslist and haven't had any problems so far.

AirborneWifee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I have sold hundreds of dollars worth of stuff on there, but only bought about 70dollars worth. Its nice to get a great deal on things. I got a travel playpen for my son very new condition for 40dollars opposed to paying 100 for a brand new one. 

EireLass
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM

We met on Craig's List!! I got the best find every!!! haha

We use Craigs List all the time, never been scammed. I own a vacation home at the ocean. I've only ever advertised for rent on there. Always good luck. I advertise my apartments for rent. We've bought vans, motorcycles. We've sold mountain bikes, motorcycles. We've made friends by selling appliances. Sold one of my cameras. Never had bad luck with anything. It's easy to weed out the scam emails you get, just by the way they're written.

heathermichelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I bought a ticket off there one time. Had no problems. We actually met the guy in person to get it :)
I have sold a few things on there too.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM

no cool stories but i've sold allot of stuff on craigslist & have never had issues with spam.  i found a violin on craigslist for my daughter this summer.  it was only $50 & in great shape.  haven't bought anything else from craigslist though.

i also search for modeling & acting posts for my daughter, she wants to get into the business.  she's taken part in a grad student documentary, was an extra in a music video for a local children's group, got a scholorship for a summer acting workshop, all through posts i found on craigslist.

Lisa0626
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM

My dh and I bought our current car in a private sale from craigslist. I have to say we did get lucky. The man lived in my neighborhood and we were able to go see the car and check it out before buying. It ran great and was exactly what we needed. It still runs real well and we have no problems with it. It was affordable and that's what we needed too. We have come across scams too though, so you have to be careful. If people are telling you to send money to another country, it's a scam! And if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

iHEAVENn
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Sold our washer and dryer within two days of having them posted.. had them listed for $350 together as a set. 

nomadbrat83
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM
I have used it successfully for years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)