Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zucchini

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

I love it but don't have any idea how to make it.  If anyone has any tips on how to make zucchini I would be much appreciative.  

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM
I slice it and dip it in flour then fry it, or cube it and saute in butter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamapaparazzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I love zucchini!

You can cut it in half the long way and scoop out the seeds, fill with meatloaf mixture and bake for yummy stuffed zuc.... or slice in medallions, dip in milk and then dip in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano and then fry them.... or you can slice them into medallions and stir fry them with other veggies and meat and put them over rice..... or you can grate them and make zucchini bread (omg, yummy warm with butter!).... you can grate them for zucchini pancakes and muffins, too :).

heathermichelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I don't make it so I'm no help.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM

My mom would cut them up like hashbrowns and cook them with it.. Its a swiss dish called rosti..

you can also add beacon or sausage

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM

OMG the stuffed zucchini sounds divine.  I may have to give this a shot next time I make a meatloaf.  MMMMM!!!!

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

I love zucchini!

You can cut it in half the long way and scoop out the seeds, fill with meatloaf mixture and bake for yummy stuffed zuc.... or slice in medallions, dip in milk and then dip in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano and then fry them.... or you can slice them into medallions and stir fry them with other veggies and meat and put them over rice..... or you can grate them and make zucchini bread (omg, yummy warm with butter!).... you can grate them for zucchini pancakes and muffins, too :).

tretresmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I don't like it so I am no help

ceciliam
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I usually just put it in vegetable soup or bread.

kaidansmylife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Kaidan really likes it when i do zucchini and tomatoes. I take a can of stewed tomatoes, peel and cut the zucchini into 1/2 moons and cook in a pot until zucchini is done. salt and pepper to taste. I also fry it. Ive made chicken casserole with zucchini in it too. (i dont like zucchini so i dont eat it, but everyone else loves it and ive never had any complaints lol) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)