Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know how to get rid of a swollen cheek? (UPDATE)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
  • 21 Replies

It is my cheek that is swollen..not the gums, but the cheek! lol

I have a family reunion this saturday ..and i havent seen these family member's in at least 20 yrs! I sure dont' want to go there with a swollen cheek lol.

I have been taking ibuprofen..it has helped somewhat , but not much.

Would a hot water bottle work ?

(I have a dentist appointment on monday morning)

UPDATE : I did make it to the walk in clinic ...he did give me a prescription for anti-biotics, by the time i got home however..the swelling was gone! LOL ..but i am not holding my breath , and i will still go and get the medication tomorrow morning (pharmacy was closed by the time i got out of the walk in clinic)

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM

If you think you have dental problems that might be causing the swelling in the cheek, and can't get in to the dentist any earlier, try the ER for antibiotics.

Otherwise, ice will help reduce swelling along with Ibuprofen

our3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Ice , and try getting to a emergency dentist. You obviously have an infection brewing .

Madelaine
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM

ice and see a dentist

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Thanks ladies

i do have an appointment on monday , but i think i may head over to the walk in clinic later today and get some antiobiotics...so that way by monday i'll have them finished, and the dentist can do the work on my teeth.

fraujones
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Try a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel. Hope you feel better soon! 

MommaSiete
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM

It sounds like you have an abcess! I would get to a dentist, in the meantime take some more ibuprofen and also apply a cold pack.

kaidansmylife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Ice, Ibprofen, and maybe try listerine? The original has antibiotic in it, and it has some kinda numbing agent that may help (maybe) Mouth issues suck. Im sorry

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

My DH just had a bad tooth and even with the antibiotics his cheek got swollen to like 3 times its original size.  

Won't your dentist call you anything in for the infection?  I hope you feel better.  

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I have no new advice.. I hope you feel better

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM

HUGS...I hope you feel better...Get some antibiotics even if you have to go to the er to get them...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)