Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buy lunch or pack a lunch?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 28 Replies

I still have another year before I have to decide on this subject. But since it is "Back to School" time again, I was wondering.. What do you do for your LO's lunch. Do they buy a lunch from school, or do you pack them a lunch?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaidansmylife
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM

He will get his lunch at school for the most part. Except on days they serve things he just hates, such as sandwhiches or cheese lol hes a weird kid, all the things normal kids love he dispises. On those days he packs his own lunch. with what he wants. It all works out.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM

first in kindergarten my son insisted to take his lunch then after about 6months he ate lunch in school.. my dd was the same way.. first lunch from home then school.. now they are in 3rd and 4th grade.. and most the time they eat lunch from school..

Believe me they will tell you...

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM

They get hot lunch...

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Well, Hope does not have a cafeteria in her school.

they do however have pizza wednesdays (it is a $1 a slice), so every wednesday i give her money for that.

Once a month the school orders specialized subs and wraps for the students (that costs me about $5 per month.

The rest of the time, hope takes a lunch with her to school

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM

My kids buy their lunches.  My daughter packed last year in 5th grade but her teacher told her that she shouldn't pack her lunch for 6th grade because she would look like a nerd.  :-(

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM

WHAT?!?!? A teacher actually told her that ?

Seems that the teacher is more into looks and popularity, than teaching someone to be themselves and to appreciate who they are !

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

My kids buy their lunches.  My daughter packed last year in 5th grade but her teacher told her that she shouldn't pack her lunch for 6th grade because she would look like a nerd.  :-(

Lisa0626
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM

This is my dd's first year in school, Kindergarten. So we are packing lunches. I will need plenty of good ideas too. lol

fraujones
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I think we'll do a little of both. 

ashleymosq
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I will most likely start off packing lunches. Then see what my girls would rather have. But I think it would also depend on what the cafeteria has each day.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Yes her teacher did tell her that and I am like you, I want my daughter to love herself for who she is and not anything anyone else wants her to be or look like.  

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

WHAT?!?!? A teacher actually told her that ?

Seems that the teacher is more into looks and popularity, than teaching someone to be themselves and to appreciate who they are !

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)