Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today's Hot Topic: Can you fall in and out of love?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

in loveHey ladies, so today's Hot Topic is, Do you think it's possible for a couple, married or in a long term relationship, to fall in and out of love with each other? I was talking about this with a friend, and she stated that once you fall out of love, you can't fall in love with your dh/so again and should leave. But, I tend to think that if the sparke is gone and you find that your not in love anymore, but wan to make it work, you can fall in love again! So, what do you ladies think?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AirborneWifee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I don't believe in falling out of love. If that is the case, it wasn't love in the first place. Love lasts hundreds of years after you pass. You can choose not to like each other anymore but love will always be there. I think people take their own time to get past the "hunnymoon phase"....But that's just my oppinion.

DelilahsMom4108
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I think you can have enough issues to fall out of "like" with someone.... but I don't think the love for someone can go away.

LilMissCupcake
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM

i think u can 

Brit_m10
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I think if you do not nuture your relationship you can feel that way. However, I believe it is possible to gain back what you once had if both partners are willing.

Octobersmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I don't think that I could ever fall out of love.  I could get annoyed and mad at him and even divorce him over some things but I think there would always be love for him in my heart.

our3
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Personally I feel that if the spark has gone, and you both want to make it work, then the spark was never completely gone to begin with but was fizzling. I feel if there is truely no love left then you would not have the urge or power to make it work. There has to be some sort of desire left to want to make it work.

Lisa0626
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Quoting AirborneWifee:

I don't believe in falling out of love. If that is the case, it wasn't love in the first place. Love lasts hundreds of years after you pass. You can choose not to like each other anymore but love will always be there. I think people take their own time to get past the "hunnymoon phase"....But that's just my oppinion.

You have a very wise way of thinking about it.

artsygirl2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM

i am not sure. i could never see my dh and i falling out of love for one another. we get really extra mushy when we are not around each other for more than an hour lol. i guess it depends on the person.

PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Good question.  My husband and I have been to the point of nearly seperating, but I don't think we ever fell out of love, we just got frustrated

BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Idk I suppose

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)